Chapter 21: Fate Again

And the day came when the risk
to remain tight in a bud
was more painful than
the risk it took to blossom.
-
Anais Nin
__________________________

I smile seeing the flowers and balloons

I smile seeing the flowers and balloons. I pick them up from the porch and moves towards the kitchen. I place them on the kitchen table and Laura rolls her eyes. "He's so sweet but I swear I feel like puking when I see you both together. Seriously, it's gross to see how your mommy and daddy kissing," she tells, taking a sip from her coffee. I roll my eyes hearing her call me mummy and Tristian daddy.

Tristian has gone early in the morning before I woke up as he has to attend some meeting today. He's very busy now since he's promoted but every night he's here to cuddle with me to sleep and the flowers and balloons has not stopped yet. It's here everyday morning and when he's not home, those things are something that keeps a smile on my face.

"So tell me girl, is his vegetable carrot or cucumber?" I blink at Laura in confusion.

"Vegetable?" She rolls her eyes.

"The thing between his legs. Is it a size of carrot or cucumber. Cucumber is too big so something in the middle is great."

I shake my head and sigh hearing her. "I didn't see it yet. He keeps reminding me about baby steps and you know he's busy nowadays."

She scowls. "Who bought this baby steps rule?" I smile sheepishly at her as I raise my head. She glares at me and then takes another sip from her coffee.

"Anyway, don't forget to tell me the juicy details once you're no longer a virgin."

"I'm not a virgin," I mutter and it's true. I'm not very experienced or anything but I'm not a virgin either.

"I mean when you do things with Tristian. Be careful to use protection," she tells and now it's my turn to roll my eyes. She sounds like my mom. "Mia, so are you going for the party?" I nod my head sadly.

It's Tristian's birthday tomorrow but I don't know what to give him as a gift. I brought gifts for Troy and Terry but it's not the same for Tristian. I want to do something special for him. Tomorrow, we all will go to Terry's house where I met Tristian for the first time. Laura agreed to come with me and I'm very happy about it because I really need a female companion there since Tessa and Stacy are not fond of me.

"Don't give me that look girl. We can find a gift for your boyfriend. I'll help you, I know a place to find best gifts. Now get dressed," she tells as she takes a bit from her sandwich. My face lights up and I march towards her and pull her for a hug.

"You're the best," I shout at her as I run to my room to get changed.