Chapter 25: Work Area

Simplicity is the
ultimate sophistication.
-
Leonardo da Vinci

_______________________

"Mia."

The unexpected shriek that blasted across the living hall caused me to jump so hard that I spilled the coffee I'd been carrying.

Groaning, I place the cup of coffee on the table. "I'm gonna kill you," Laura shouts, I chuckle as I move towards the living hall.

I couldn't help but laugh seeing her forehead. There's a drawing of a dick on her forehead which I drew today morning when she was asleep. "Why in the world are you practicing your drawing skills on my face?" she shouts, I chuckle before giving her my best innocent smile. "I'm gonna kill you."

I shake my head. "No, you won't. If you kill me then you can't be the maid of honor for my wedding."

She glares at me. "I don't care about being the maid of ho-" she pauses for a second, realization dawns on her causing her eyes to widen in shock. "You're getting married? Who's the groom?" I roll my eyes. She shakes her head. "Obviously, it's Tristian but when? As far as I know...you both were fighting. How? When? Jesus! I have a wedding to plan. When's the date?" I laugh out loud seeing the reaction of Laura. She's jumping up and down as if an earthquake is going to happen very soon.

"We want a long engaged. Maybe within a year, we haven't fixed the date yet but yeah..we're engaged." I grin brightly, my eyes moving towards the ring on my finger. Laura's gaze follows mine and her eyes widens again when she catches the sight of the ring.

"He did a great job," she whispers, her face calm now as she pulls me for a hug.

"He did!"

I walk through the hallway of fourteenth floor as per instructed by the receptionist

I walk through the hallway of fourteenth floor as per instructed by the receptionist. Tristian's cabin is situated on this floor and I just wanted to see him at his work place though I'm nervous about it. Laura encouraged me to go give him a visit and I think it's time I get more involved with his life. I know everything personal about him but nothing professional. I wanted to understand and be a part of his life as much as he is in my life.