Part 7: going home

You sat in the train heading back to London with Fred and George. You and George held hands the whole time, while Fred simply sat fiddling with some sort of trinket.

Fred eventually got up to go find Ron, leaving you alone with George.

"He certainly didn't want to leave us alone." George said squeezing your hand.

"Oh I wonder why." Your Irish accent thick with sarcasm.

"Oh I don't know, maybe because I got the best girlfriend in the whole world, while he's still a loner." He laughed.

"Hey, give him some credit, he'll get there eventually. I mean he does have your good looks." You joked pushing him with your shoulder.

Eventually the train stopped.

"Oh, George." You said standing from your shared seat.

"Yeah?" He asked raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

"My father wanted to meet you..... and he might be waiting right outside." You started to shrink down afraid he would do something.

But to your surprise he picked you up, spinning you around excitedly.

"Oh I can't wait to meet your family!" He said rather loudly.

You gave him a quick peck on the lips. "That's actually incredibly reassuring."

"Well I'm glad you think so." He smirked. "Because my parents want to meet you as well."

Your cheeks went red. "Oh wow." He chuckled and grabbed your hand, pulling you off the train.

Once you stepped off you saw your parents looking for you.

You ran up to them still holding George's hand.

"Mom, dad, this is George Weasley. George, Mason senior and Cassidy." To your surprise George was incredibly well behaved.

"It's nice to finally meet you both. Y/n has told me so many wonderful things about you." He extended his hand to your father first, then your mother.

"Well y/n has told us plenty about you, but didn't bother to mention the fact you're a Weasley. I work with your father you know." Your dad said.

"That's amazing!" George beamed. "My dad doesn't mention a whole lot of people from work, so I'm glad to hear it." He smiled wrapping his arm around your waist. "It was wonderful meeting you both, however I would like to introduce y/n to my family if you don't mind."

"Take as long as you need." Your mother spoke.

He increased his hold on your waist pulling you closer.

"Oh there he finally is!" Ron yelled pointing at George.

"Mum, this is y/n." George spoke.

"It's nice to finally meet you Mrs. Weasley." You shook her hand.

"Oh please dear call me Molly. George has told me so much about you. I'm so glad he found a well behaved young woman." She seemed VERY excited to meet you.

"Oh yes. Very well behaved." Fred came from behind you with a smirk.

Molly smacked his arm with the newspaper she held, "oh come off it Fred!" She snapped.

A man with short bright red hair walked up behind Molly. "Is this the young lady our son keeps writing about?" He asked making you blush thinking about how much he told his family about you.

"It's very nice to meet you at last." You said shaking his hand.

"I work with your father you know." He said quiet proudly. "He has been know you bring some muggle type devices from time to time." He stood pondering the thought.

You suddenly remembered the graphing calculator your cousins wife Sophia had given you before the school year. Your cousin had married a muggle, nothing too out of the ordinary, but she didn't exactly catch on that calculus isn't exactly a class at Hogwarts.

You reached into your bag and found it after a moment.

Pulling it out you extended it for Mr. Weasley.

"Well from what my father has said about how busy work has been, I'm assuming he hasn't had too much time to bring ya somethin, and I definitely don't need an advanced calculator."

He took it gently with a look of utter wonder in his eyes. Then he pulled you into a tight hug.

"Oh I'm so happy George found someone like you!" He cheered as he hugged you tighter.

"Ahem." Someone cleared their throat from behind you, so Mr. Weasley let go.

You turned to see Percy looking rather bored.

"I really should be going." You said slightly disappointed.

"Well feel free to come to the burrow anytime dear!" Molly said as you turned to George.

He took you a few feet away from his family. "You'll write me won't you?" He asked.

"Of course I will. And you'll have to come visit me in Ireland some time. I'll show you around." You smiled wrapping your arms around his neck in a warm hug.

The two of you stood there like that for a long while, just enjoying the warmth.

"George." You whispered, feeling your cheeks heat up once more.

"Mmhmm." He hummed into your hair.

"I think I love you." You whispered.

He lifted his head off yours, and you looked up into his eyes.

Before you knew it his lips were on yours, the two puzzle pieces coming together once more.

It was sad to say goodbye, but your parents were waiting, and you knew you would see him over the summer. You just couldn't wait.