Part 5:  Christmas

You woke up decently early, the sun just barely shining through the deep red curtains.

You looked around the room, you were completely alone. It felt strange being alone, and made you a bit home sick. Thinking about how your family was off doing other things. Your first Christmas away from home. It was odd.

You walked down the steps a bit slower than usual, and saw Fred and George sitting with Ron and Harry. Not a single gift had been opened yet.

"What's wrong y/n?" Fred asked as you sat down on the floor in between the twins.

"Just a tad homesick. I'm alright." You gave him a soft smile.

"George made us wait for you." Ron spoke in a grumpy tone that made you chuckle.

"Don't be rude!" Harry punched his shoulder in a friendly way that made you laugh a bit more.

Eventually George handed everyone a nearly identical, messily wrapped present. Each tag had our own names and the name of one other person. Molly. You had heard plenty about her. But didn't think she knew about you.

You unwrapped the f/c hand knitted sweater that had your first initial on the front. It was so soft, and radiated a feeling of love. Every single part of the energy that you could feel was positive.

"Mum makes us one every year." Ron spoke.

"Every. Single. Year." Fred and George spoke in unison.

"I think it's amazing!" You smiled brightly as you pulled it on over your shirt. The warmth was perfect, and covered your arms in an incredible softness.

You pulled out your wand, pushing Ron and Harry their gifts.

Ron a new chess board, and Harry a few Human books he had been talking about.

A bit of time skip passed with exchanging gifts, eventually Ron and Harry went up to their rooms to finish opening theirs gifts, leaving you alone with the twins.

You didn't mind, they were your best friends. You just didn't know how George would react to your gift.

"Mine next!" Fred shoved a package into your hands.

You flicked your wand slightly and Fred's gift went to him.

It was a photo from Hogsmead. You hadn't even known it was taken. But it was such a happy picture.

You, Fred and George walking along as they sandwiched you in between them when they tried to convince you to tell them what you got them. Your laughs and smiles all preserved in a happy photo.

You gave Fred a quick hug. "I love it!" You cheered as you watched the happy moment loop.

"Now mine." George handed you the gift. It looked like he had spent hours wrapping it to make sure it was perfect.

"I'll be back. Gotta put my stuff away." Fred smiled as a gathered up his gifts and made his way to his room.

You carefully tore open the paper to a book. It looked as if it was hand written.

It was a book, and looked hand written.

Weasley Recipes

You flipped through the pages with awe in you mind. They had been keeping track of every single recipe for their jokes they came up with.

"It's...." you kept flipping through the pages. "It's amazing."

"Took a while to make sure my hand writing was ledgeable." George spoke in a nervous tone.

You leaned over and kissed his cheek, feeling them heat up slightly. "I love it."

He opened his own gift. And you watched as his cheeks heated up once more when he saw it. "I-I." He studied the photo. "I thought I lost it." He chuckled nervously as he watched the photo of the two of you asleep on the couch loop.

"I snagged it from your robes. Thought I'd finally get it back to you." You whispered. The common room was silent, only the crackle of the fire making occasional pops and cracks.

"Y/n?" He finally spoke after a few moments, taking is eyes off the photo and looking back into yours. "I really like you." He paused, cheeks turning red. "I mean, you're so cool and funny to hang out with, but I can't stop thinking about you and...." you cut him off, locking your lips with his. It felt right, like two puzzle pieces finally coming together.

He was caught off guard for a moment, until he lifted his hand to cup your cheek.

"About time." The two of you stopped at the sound of the voice on the stairs. You looked to see Fred smirking, sucking on some sort of candy.

Time skip

Everyone had been returning back to school. But instead of going to welcome back all of your classmates you sat in the hospital wing, helping one of the second years who had fallen off his broom.

His left leg was shattered from the fall, you had been the one to see him fall and help him.

Remembering a spell from one of your books you were able to lessen the amount of damage, just enough so you could help him walk with his arm over your shoulder all the way to the hospital wing.

"That was incredibly impressive for such a young witch." The nurse spoke as she finished mixing the potion. "I don't see many students practicing medical magic these days."

"I didn't intentionally learn it ma'am. It was just a spell I remembered from another book." You spoke quietly, watching the sleeping student.

"That only makes me more impressed Ms. l/n." She opened the students mouth and poured the potion in. "How would you like to do a sort of internship with me? It wouldn't be much, but if you want to get out of a class every now and then you can come and help me in here. And I could write you a note in case you're here too late and get caught on your way back to your common room." She gave you a soft smile.

"I would love that." You smiled back.

"It'll give you a chance to learn a bit more about healing people. Even if you don't want to peruse it, you can never know too much."