Part 8: Tour of Ireland

The summer dragged on. Each day George and yourself would send letters back and forth. He talked about how excited Ginny was to start this year, and how Ron was worried about Harry.

Mason stayed at the family manor a lot. Often the Irish quidditch team would come over to practice or run drills. They were all really great people.

You had just finished cleaning the kitchen with the help of one of the family house elves, on your way back to your room to see if the old barn owl or Macaw had returned with a new letter from George.

You opened the door and jumped back with a quick yelp as you saw George sitting on the edge of the window scratching the head of the large Macaw.

He looked up. "Awe come on I'm not that scary am I?" He chuckled standing up.

"How the hell are you here?" You asked as you ran to hug him.

"Our parents have been talking, so if you would like to, you can spend the rest of summer with us." He smiled brightly looking down into your eyes.

A large smile crept onto your own face as well. "I WOULD LOVE TO!" You cheered as you stood on your tip toes to kiss him.

"Well well well." A deep voice came from the doorway. "So this is him ey?" You turned see Mason leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

"Oh Umm." You felt your cheeks heat up. "Mason, this is George Weasley, my boyfriend. George, this is Mason jr."

George walked up to him but you could feel his nerves. He was scared and nervous, yet incredibly determined.

He shook your older brothers hand. "It's nice to finally meet you. Y/n always speaks so highly of you."

Mason raised an eyebrow before playfully punching George in the shoulder. "I'm just givin ya a hard time. If y/n likes ya I'm sure we'll get along!" He smiled flashing his slightly crooked teeth, and you could feel the relief crash through the tall red head as you took his hand once more.

But you could tell by the facial expressions George made as Mason left that he was fangirling hard, after all he did just meet a quidditch player he adored, and you could help but laugh.

Time skip

George spent a bit of time talking to your parents before they agreed to let you take him on a quick tour of the town before leaving.

"The Irish Wizarding Academy isn't very far away. I wanna show you where I went before Hogwarts." George held your hand as you walked. "That's Maves hardware store, if ya know where to go she also sells wands."

"Is that where you got your wand?" He asked as the two of you looked through the large glass windows to see all the muggles searching for tools and supplies. A mother holding the hand of a young boy walking to the discount wood section. It made you smile knowing they were about to walk into the staff only door to get his first wand.

"It is." You kept walking. "Limrick Brewery." You pointed out the small pub. "Potion supplies."

"So all your wizard shops are connected to muggle shops?"

"Ireland is too small, it could get suspicious if we had too much space to ourselves like Diagon Ally." Eventually you made it to a large broken down building. The windows boarded, and bricks falling away behind the tall fence.

"This is it?" George looked down at you with a questionable look in his eyes.

You smiled back up at him before opening the fence. Once you were inside the gate the building looked completely different. It wasn't broken down anymore. "The fence is electrified for muggles. And even if they did get by, they wouldn't see it how it really is. Even if they somehow made it inside it would just be an abandoned building."

"Interesting. What about all the students?" He asked as you walked up the front steps.

"They wouldn't see them. The building you see on the street and the school you see now are two completely different places."

You reached up and knocked on the door four times.

"Name?" The deep female voice asked.

"Y/n l/n. I'm here to give my partner a tour if that's okay."

She didn't say anything in return, but the door slowly opened.

A painting of the first head master appeared as the door slammed closed, herself connected to the back of it.

"Welcome back Miss. l/n." She spoke.

You turned to George. "We should probably let Professor Mads we're here. She should be in her office."

The two of you walked up a few flights of stairs that had been freshly cleaned in preparation of the new year starting soon.

A few students you didn't recognize walked through the halls, presumably the prefects getting settled in.

Eventually you came to the door, nothing special, the same as every other door in the school but the school itself wasn't anything special.

Once again you knocked four times.

"Enter."

You walked in, seeing the older woman sitting behind her desk, finishing up the letters for the first years. "Just thought I'd let you know that I stopped by." I smiled at her as she gave a warm one back as she looked up. "This is George Weasley, George, Professor Mads." I introduced them.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Weasley. I do hope Miss. l/n is treating you well." She smirked in my direction.

"Perfectly." He spoke and you couldn't help but imagine Fred saying it in unison with him making you snicker ever so slightly.

The slight raise of her eyebrow told you what she was thinking. 'How on Earth did this girl find a boy just like her?'

You continued the tour, to your disappointment not seeing any students you recognized. And before you knew it you were back home. Getting any final belongings together as you prepared to leave for the Burrow.