Chapter 23 Squid Encounter

AN: Sorry it's taken so long for me to update, I've had so much homework and chores and I've been crashing. I don't feel good at all ever and I'm having a sick day today so... yeah.

*Gina's POV*

The waves churned, surrounding me, they splashed and spun. The water circled around my body, I think I may drown. I'm too weak to swim out of the rip current, I opened my eyes. They stung with salt water. I saw my friends running onto the shore of the beach and jump into the water to rescue me. I think it's too late for me once again.

I looked to the right of my friends and saw Steve up on a hill, hiding behind a tree, staring below him at them. He then turned and ran away. My friends were approaching me, but they weren't even half way here. I could tell they were swimming toward me, but it looked like they were getting farther and farther with each paddle. I could hear my own heavy breathing, I was beginning to black out, my fate is coming.

My vision faded to black, then I could faintly see again. This process kept on repeating on and on. I looked up at the sky. The clouds were white and puffy as always. I closed my eyes, I will get Steve for this, I need my revenge.

I suddenly heard loud splashing nearby. I looked over toward the beach, Abigail sat on the shore with a sad look on her face wishing she could help. Tears were streaming out of her eyes and she kept wiping them so she wouldn't take more damage from them. Earl and Sam were swimming as fast as they could, they just made it past the halfway mark. There was a new sound that replaced the splashing and the swishing of the waves and it was evil chuckling coming from right behind me.

*Diego's POV*

I watched the hilarious battle take place on the shore of the beach. "David you gotta see this!" I called laughing hysterically. At the end the battle Steve gave a fatal blow to the helpless spider who landed in the water with a splash.

David saw the last part and groaned, "Why do you get pleasure out of this?" Clearly upset, my brother swam in the other direction away from me. The spider wasn't even trying anymore. She didn't even thrash or move her many arms around. I think she gave up on her life. Why, I should help her out with that.

I swam up near the surface, splashing about while watching her struggle. Torture is always advised before murder. Well, it's not murder, she will probably respawn anyways, but if she doesn't it's for the better! I watched her wait for her friends in defeat and stare up at the sky for answers. The sky apparently didn't talk back.

I began to chuckle like a maniac, many would consider it my evil laugh. I kept laughing until I was in a pleasurable pain and was crying because of it. A smirk stuck to my face and I noticed the skeleton and creeper were almost here to save her. I began to move toward her more, still giggling and grinning in a scary fashion. She suddenly turned around, looked in every direction, and her gaze landed on me.

I froze in place and stared right back at her. "Oh it's just you," she said lowering me.

I frowned and growled, "Why I outta-"

"I think I am hearing things. Hello? Who is saying that?" she questioned. She shrugged and continued talking to herself because I'm sure she doesn't think I understand her native tongue, "I could've sworn I heard laughing a minute ago and now I heard an angry voice. How strange..."

Maybe this girl is telepathic... since I am considered mute except toward the other squids, she might be able to hear my thoughts. I stared at her sending my thoughts in her direction. 'I am a squid' I kept repeating in my mind over and over. She had a puzzled look on her face, "A squid?" she looked back at me, "You? Is that you?"

Yes! Yes it is! I can't believe you hear me. She replied, "I can't believe it either." Maybe I shouldn't kill her after all, she can understand me. "What was that?" she asked. Oh nothing... I am just astonished.

What is your name? "I'm Gina, nice to meet you." Gina extended her hand then pulled it back realizing I couldn't shake it. Diego's the name and the pleasure is all mine. I smirked, a friend on land may help with my plans.

"Plans?" Whoops, you weren't supposed to hear that! Or that for the matter. "Ok then..." she said confused. Her friends finally stumbled upon her "talking to herself." I swam away back to my other friends.

*Gina's POV*

That was weird. I could read his mind. What is that called again, oh yeah, telepathy. Earl interrupted my many questioning thoughts by saying, "Gina! Thank block jesus you are all right!"

"It's been so long Earl, I'm surprised you remembered me," I replied.

"Remembered you? How could I forget?" he told me smiling. I laughed with him as Sam arrived.

"I don't see why you are laughing when we are all gross and wet and have to be near these revolting low lives Steve would consider squids!" Sam complained.

I replied, "Sam I remember you! Just as grumpy as always!" I was chuckling.

Sam groaned, "Yeah, whatever."

"Show some appreciation and respect, she saved our lives for the second time and risked her own yet again!" Earl shouted beginning a fight.

"I could've gotten out of that all on my own, I didn't need any help from anyone!" Sam screamed back.

"Sure, sure," Earl said saracastically.

"If only she came a little later and you would be dead and I would be happy! Not a single tear shed!" Sam screeched. Earl hissed ready to blow.

"Guys guys, calm down. I don't mind Sam but Earl is the good guy in this argument. But really, that's not what matters right now, I'm weak and if I don't get your help soon I won't make it back to shore," I said trying not to make things worse.

Earl sighed, "Come on, that is what we came all the way out here for." Sam laid me on my back and held my back just so just the surface of the water touched it. Earl went behind me and pushed. Soon enough, we made it to the beach. Abigail jumped up and ran over to me.

"Gina it's been so long! Are you ok? And thank you," she said all at once. Sam laid me down gently under a tree a little more uphill. Abigail thanked Earl for helping me with a kiss and glared at Sam with a look saying that he needs to cooperate.

"First things first, it's about time you two are together," I chuckled.

I opened my mouth to speak but Abigail interrupted, "Actually, before you talk you should get some rest and heal up, it is almost day." Abigail pointed to the moon lowering in the sky.

"You have a point," I informed her and shut my eyes. I heard them take their places all under separate trees near me (except Earl and Abigail who stayed with each other of course) and soon enough, the sound of snores filled the air.

AN: Heyyo. Kookycrafters, I'm just wondering, it seems like a lot of you left or something because last chapter didn't get any votes and only had a few reads. Though I did get a comment at least. Was my work on that chapter not very good? If I am doing something wrong please inform me. This chapter is dedicated to @ThatOneGoldfish, please go check her out she's pretty cool. The answer to the last riddle was garbage truck (classic) and the new riddle is; What asks but never answers? Thanks for sticking around, vote and comment if you like what you read. Goodbye.