Chapter 22 A Spider, a Steve, and a Skeleton

AN: Hey, I just got back from my first concert. The singer was Charlie XCX and it was so amazing. The best part was when I got to meet Femme, she was one of the opening acts, and she let me try on her hoodie and take a picture! It was so cool, I had such a good time! Now prepare for a good chapter.

*Sam's POV*

I walked away from the fight and headed to a nearby cave. Behind me I heard all the zombie villagers shouting, "OHHHHHHHHH!" and Frank cursing. Night came and I made a pickaxe to start collecting some resources. I hacked away at the wall as I traveled deep into my thoughts.

I found myself thinking about my sister, Frankie. I dropped my pickaxe and sat with my head down. My eyes welled up with tears, but I decided to try to push the sad thoughts away and go for a walk, we had enough resources already anyways. I surfaced once again and it was about midnight. All of the zombie villagers were back inside so I kept traveling down the gravel path.

It made a sharp left turn into a regular forest. I kept on walking and admiring the trees that weren't burnt down in the fire. I saw a couple of cows and sleepy sheep along the way and then the forest opened up. I could see a large village and another house being built by a very familiar name. This gravel path was made by Steve!

I turned around and ran! I bolted all the way back to the first village. I grabbed our minecart chest and pushed it back into the forest where I last saw Earl and Abigail. I followed their footprints left in the snow and found them asleep under a spruce tree. They looked really cute together.

Abigail was laying on top of Earl's chest squeezing his waist tightly. Earl's head was propped up on Abigail's. They made a great couple. They even looked good together in their resting state. But now is the time for business and we have been here for too long. I shouted, "GET A ROOM!"

Then Earl woke up. He shushed me but I told him that I saw signs of Steve near and we needed to move. Earl being the genius gentleman he was, did not wish to wake Abigail, so he got crafting. He grabbed the iron I just collected out of our minecart chest and made a normal minecart and a furnace minecart. He kicked them next to each other and put a bed on top of them.

He jumped on the bed to make sure it was stable then he asked me to quietly and calmly place Abigail on the bed. As I placed her on the bed, I looked at Earl, concerned and told him again, "Steve must be near, I walked down the gravel path and found another one of his structures. We have to hurry away from this place before he finds us at sunrise."

"Then let's go!" Earl shouted as he started up the furnace minecart and we ran after it. The furnace minecart lost power by the time we made it to the first village and I saw Abigail slowly opening her eyes. What a deep sleeper to make it through that ride. The sun was climbing high up in the sky and I began to get more worried.

*Abigail's POV*

My eyes cranked open. The first face I saw was Earl. I gave him a kiss and hugged him. "Good morning sweetheart," he said and smiled. He jumped up on the bed next to me and leaned on my shoulder, kissing it. I patted the minecart chest next to me and Sam groaned as he climbed up on top of it, sat down, and attempted to scoot away from the lovefest.

Earl put another piece of coal in the minecart furnace with his foot and we began to roll. I heard Sam humming a familiar song next to me. I screamed, "THEY SEE ME ROLLING, THEY HATIN'!" over and over again until Sam and Earl joined in. We traveled through a small forest down the gravel path until we stumbled upon a second, much bigger village. As soon as that happened, I spotted Steve.

He was wearing some iron and some leather armor. Steve was trading with a villager and when the villager ran out of trades, Steve spotted us. He looked at us with a cold glare, then he ran behind a building. We took action, just with a nod toward each other, we all had the same plan in mind. I ran with Earl and Sam veered right.

Earl blew up the building and I teleported to the top of the wreckage to see if I could spot him. Sam was about to run into Steve. "Sam!" I exclaimed. Bad idea. I took his attention away from his running and now he was about to crash!

Steve turned a corner and ran right into Sam. Perfect... for him. Steve shook off the blow faster than Sam did and Steve stole Sam's bow. Steve drew back an arrow and pointed it to Sam's head. I teleported over there while Earl caught up by foot.

Steve started shouting gibberish that sounded like this, "Frez r i ll shot." I didn't understand a word he said, but we were all frozen in place, fearing for Sam's life. We all just stood there, staring at eachother, waiting and watching for the next slight movement someone makes. I couldn't think of anything to do that would help Sam and I'm sure Earl couldn't either. We just stood and stared until we heard a hiss, but it didn't come from the creeper next to me.

We all looked around for the source until it popped out from atop a house and landed right on Steve. The arrow flew, Sam ducked, the bow hit the ground, and Steve and a spider went tumbling down through the forest toward the beach.

*Gina's POV*

I think it is them! Finally! It has been so long since I have seen my friends! But why aren't they moving? I climbed up the side of a house to get a better view.

Steve. I hissed to let them know that they would be safe and I was watching and that Steve was gonna lose a life. It may be day, but this is a sight that will anger anyone. I tried to channel and control my rage, but I could no longer stand the thought of losing another friend. I jumped down and knocked Steve over, hopefully the arrow did not hit Sam.

We ended up rolling all the way downhill and landed in the sand. I was still a little dizzy from the fall but still stood up in the warm sand ready to have a face off. Steve was standing and he glared at me. He withdrew a sword from his inventory, one made of iron from the land. Seeing that made me even more angered that he was destroying my home, my friends home, the home that belongs to all the mobs.

Steve swung his sword toward my head, but I backed up. Now he aimed for my feet, but I jumped instead. The next jump I made was a lunge directed to his chest. The shiny iron plating he wore hurt when my body slammed into it. Hopefully I could get the point across that we don't want him here.

While I thought of what to do next, he stabbed my spine. Blood leaked from my back. I was in a lot of pain, but I was still able to jump up and knock his sword out of his hand. I was weakened by this, so I sat and panted for a second. Then the next thing I know, I was punched in the face, landing in the churning water.

I closed my eyes, defeated, letting the waves cradle and throw my body around into the frightening pool of blood and death.

AN: I'm really sorry I haven't updated in so long, it is my fault. I am behind in a lot of things right now so please forgive me kookycrafters. On a good note, I have a boyfriend now! His name is Jeremy aka THATxDUDExUxKNOW in minecraft. It is a long distance relationship and we plan to meet one day. So yeah. Do you kookycrafters remember Gina from long ago? This chapter is dedicated to @Crazy-charlotte, read her cute books, they are so funny! The answer to the last riddle was nothing and the new riddle is; What has 4 wheels and flies? So imma go catch up with about everything Bai.