Chapter 16 Fevers Burn

AN: Hello again kookycrafters. I decided to continue with the business trip instead of continuing Sam's nightmare. There was only one commenter who helped me decide. This chapter is dedicated to her, she is @Dragon_girl_XD. She said she wanted to hear about both Sam's past and the business trip. So I shall get started.

*Sam's POV*

I was tapped on the shoulder, then again. Now I was being shook, more like being nudged. "Fine!" I shouted and whipped around to see the grass beneath me and Earl nudging me with his foot.

"Come on Sam, please get up!" he was saying. I sat up and rubbed my foggy eyes. I looked around to see the familiar surroundings of the small village. Good thing I slept under this tree or the sun would be burning my bones. Thump!

I quickly cupped my hands to my head, it felt like my heart moved from my chest and into my head. It thumped, throbbed, and beated. There was a shockingly bad pain there, probably from my horrible nightmares. "You don't look to good Sam," Earl said. Thanks captain obvious.

"Your forehead is red," he continued. "Abigail come here!" I felt sweat on my skull and the pain increased drastically, I groaned. "Feel his head," Earl commanded. Abigail placed her hand on my head, squealed, and quickly pulled her hand away and shook it rapidly.

"Oh my god you have a fever!" she squealed. You would think that her hand caught fire because of the speed she was shaking it and the amount she was blowing it. I was imagining smoke coming from it, I giggled quietly.

"Just what I suspected!" Earl shouted triumphantly, but I didn't feel so triumphant. After Earl made that statement, he rushed over to Abigail to see if her hand was ok. He was so worried about her that you could see pain in his eyes, it looked like he was the one that got burnt. He cares so much about her that he kissed her hand repeatedly hoping that it would cool off eventually. Abigail didn't look like she was in pain anymore, finally.

Abigail gasped and her hands flew to her mouth, "What are we going to do?" She sounded really worried.

"One of us needs to needs to go get some ice to cool his fever down," Earl answered.

"I'll do it!" I said sniffling and attempting to stand up but ended up stumbling. I need some alone time from these mobs anyways and I think that they would like some as well, if you know what I mean...

"No! You need to stay here and rest, I'll go find the ice, plus I can do it a lot faster anyways with my teleportation powers," Abigail countered and I sighed. Great, I am going to be stuck with Earl for who knows how long. "Bye Earl, I will be back before the sun sets," Abigail said leaning in for a kiss. Earl quickly reacted by kissing back.

I groaned hoping that that would be able to stop the lovey dovey session but it didn't. Abigail hugged Earl goodbye and he kissed her hand and continued up her arm. He then kissed her cheek, forehead, and soon enough, their lips connected once more. Once again, I groaned silently and covered my eyes. "Well, I better get going if I want to get back before sunset," Abigail said waving to us and getting ready to teleport.

"Bye Abigail, I love you!" Earl said. She smiled and blew him a kiss. She then teleported away, leaving her usual trail of purple particles.

Once she was gone I said, "Wow, are you really that in love with her?" I snickered.

Earl happily hissed in reply and said, "Yeah."

"Impressive, and it has only been a couple days," I said. For the rest of the day, the annoyingly boring small talk continued until I took a nap hoping to sleep off the sickness.

AN: At this point, I feel like I am apologizing to you kookycrafters in every chapter lol. It's been so long and I have a lot more dedications to do. I feel like I will never finish them. Well, I will try. I feel like this chappy is really short and it bugs me, ugh. Hope you have a good summer, bye.