Salmon

Kenai and I stopped screaming as we saw that the bears weren't attacking. Instead, they were just looking at us strangely. Oh. Right. We're fellow bears. Of course. Why would they attack us? Now this was just awkward. "Hey. You're stirring up the water." One of the bears said. He had light brown fur and weird yellowish hair. There was a huge dark brown bear in front us that also commented, "Yeah. Try not to scare off the fish now, buddy." Then, his attention was drawn to Koda and he yelled, "Hey, Koda! Come here! Look at you." He lifted Koda and threw him into the air and caught him.

        "Hey, Tug. Have you seen my mom yet?" Koda questioned.

        "No. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen her." Tug answered.

        "Ha. Me and my friends, Kenai and Tehya beat her." Koda said. The bears started to get closer to us. I backed behind Kenai slightly afraid of the overwhelming amount of bears. "They're with you?" Tug wondered. We both gave a slight wave, then we both jumped as they started sniffing us.

        "Huh. I've never seen you two at the run before. Where are you from? Where's the little one's mother?" Tug questioned gesturing to me. I stayed silent too fearful to speak. "She's my little sister. Our mo-mother and f-f-father are gone. We-We-re f-f-fro-" Thankfully, we saved from explaining anything further by Koda interrupting, "See, Kenai and Tehya. There's the mountain. Just like I promised. The lights touch the top every single night. Gonna be a lot harder getting up there than it was riding those mammoths." Oh no.

        "Mammoths! That's kind of weird." Everyone exclaimed. Kenai tried to signal Koda to stop talking, but Koda kept rambling, "Yeah. Those two do a lot of weird stuff like the way they drink water with a leaf, they've never sharpened their claws on a tree before, they've never hibernated before, they go around looking for-"

        "Koda! Koda! Excuse us." Kenai said. Kenai and I took Koda out of ear shot of the group. Then, Kenai said, "Okay. Okay. Koda, we, uh. Uh. We gotta get going." As he said this, I grew sad. It was really great to get know Koda, but Kenai was right. We do need to get going. Denahi need us.

        "What why not?" Koda wondered. I was attempting to explain to him, but, suddenly, Tug came up behind us and said, "You two are leaving?"

        "What? No, I mean yes. Well, it's just that. Tehya and I don't belong here." Kenai said.

        "Don't belong here. Every bear belongs here. Come on, buddies. Let's have some fun." Tug said. They started running dragging Kenai and I with them. As they were leading us, two cubs who looked around my age, jumped down from a branch and waved at me as they ran off. Then, we were lead to a place filled with different waterfalls that poured into pools. There were so many bears playing around in the water. It was actually a beautiful sight.

        We began exploring and I was separated from Kenai because the other kids wanted me to play with them. This was so cool. Back in my village, there were were only like three other kids the same age as me. Here there were several my age. We began playing tag and I glanced at the younger children with their mothers. Over the years, I haven't had pretty much little to no female influence. It was basically my brothers and I. The only female that I was somewhat close to was Tanana.

        "Come on, Tehya!" One of the other kids shouted. I laughed and chased after them. We jumped into the fall and slid down to the water below. It was awesome! We continued playing around with each other. They even taught me how to catch a fish with my jaws! It was so much fun. I looked around wondering where Kenai and Koda were and spotted Koda sitting on a log. I didn't know where Kenai was, but I wasn't too worried. He'll show up soon I'm sure. I decided that this was the perfect time for pay back for him scaring us earlier. I dove down in the water and swam towards Koda making sure he didn't see me.

        Then, I popped out of water, roaring, and brought Koda down back into the water with me. He shrieked while I was doing that. We both burst out of the water and we looked at each other and laughed. Koda laughed, "You finally got me, Tehya." We both got back onto the log and Koda said, "Where's Kenai?" We looked around I noticed a dark shadow fall over us and we looked up to see Kenai falling towards us. We got out of the way, but when Kenai landed on the log, he shot Koda and I up into the air, but we landed back on Kenai along with a huge fish. Was that what he was going after. We laughed and Kenai raised Koda into the air.

        This day was blast.