Stepping on Up

***Tammi P.O.V.***

"Yes those look absolutely amazing Todd!" I squealed while looking at all of the photos I just took. I looked the fuck good. It has been two weeks since I seen Meeka and let me tell y'all , I been doing my damn thing.

I been staying at the rent a room spot till I get a place. I got a little job at the Cafe in the morning. I even found a photographer Todd. He wasn't a big photographer but he was known in a few areas. He didn't charge me much , 50 an hour and 100 dollars to print 10 photos at a time. That's good pricing. A lot of the photographers wanted 200 a damn hour and I wasn't going to do that.

Yes I had the money but I didn't want to blow through it all just like that. I didn't even have to work but I knew , I wanted to keep myself busy in the meantime. The mornin' spot is where I worked. I did the register and made a few drinks or so for the customers some times. I can't complain tho. LA was absolutely gorgeous.

It was hard for me to not go blow all this money at the damn stores but I had to keep myself in check. I did shop a little bit but not too much.

"Girl you did that shit. I can't wait to show these off at the party this weekend. Did you happen to get an outfit for that yet?" Damn.

It was already Thursday and knowing my picky ass , I needed to find an outfit fast. I shook my head at his question.

"Always procrastinating I see. Make sure you dress to impress , I hear a few big names will be there and you need to be looking bomb as shit. We got to make a statement alright!" Todd said.

"You already know I will look fucking bomb. What's the theme again?" I asked as I began to to throw my hair into a ponytail.

"The theme is to wear something red. The party is called "Dash of red". Don't forget hun." I gave him a hug and a kiss on his cheek. He was honestly the best. He was not a bad looking guy either. Todd kind of looked like a real life version of Freddie from Scooby Doo. The blonde hair , the sweater and jeans vibe. The hair flip and shit. That was dead ass all him.

"What would I do without you Todd?" I asked still with my arms wrapped around his small frame.

"You'd be out here with shitty photos ma'am." We laugh and say our goodbyes.

I head out the door of his studio and head out into the LA streets. The night was still young at 7:30 pm. All the tall buildings lit up , and the streets were busy.

Good thing the room I was renting was only a 5 minute walk. I clutched my purse to me tighter since it was a little too busy out. I do not need my shit being snatched.

I had on a fashion nova plus sized outfit. It was a crop top and skirt set that was a cotton material. The outfit had a little sparkle to it. I also had on a pair of black heels with a black Aldo purse. Once I came out into the LA I fell in love with the actual Fashion Nova stores. It is so much better just going into the store to buy the shit instead of waiting for it to come in online.

Our here in LA you got to look good and so I did. I walk down the street and hear the music playing. I could get used to this. I grab the necklace that was on my neck with my momma ashes in it.

"I love you mom." I say as I continue to walk down the street. I take a left and here I am , in front of my home... for now. I plan on looking at a few places tomorrow. I didn't want to stay here for long but damn $55 every two nights wasn't that bad.

I walk up the stairs and head inside through the front door. My room is on the first floor so I walk down the hall and unlock my door. In my room , I had my own bathroom. It wasn't much but it was something.

There was also a really tiny mini fridge in my room. There was no kitchen tho. There's was 15 rooms in this place and we all shared a kitchen. There was also a few public bathrooms since the cheaper rooms didn't have their own.

I get in my room and lock both locks on the door. I got a full sized bed with a dresser. The bed had a black and mauve comforter set on my bed with black and white polka dot pillow cases to add a little sass. On my floor was a white fuzzy rug that I had got from some door down the street.

When I first came here the room was plain as shit. No TV or anything. Since I been here I had a little fun buying some extra things. I had bought a small 32¨ TV, a DVD player since there wasn't cable in this building , and a few posters of Naomi Campbell. I absolutely loved her.

I place my purse on the dresser. I kick my heels off my feet and kick them in the corner of my room. I rubbed the heel of my left foot. "Damn heels going to be the death of me." I look in my mini fridge and see nothing appetizing for dinner. I guess its take out tonight. I look in my purse to find the Iphone , I recently purchased. I went on Doordash and began to place my order for D'Angelo's.

***

***Breezy P.O.V.***

    I stare at the picture on my phone of Tammi. Her smile was stunning. The picture was of our first and last date. I took the picture of her while we were sitting in the booth at Texas Roadhouse. Who knew she would cause such an impact on me in a short amount of time. I know she passed and I know she is one of the most beautiful angels in heaven. She may have been upset above that me and Meek are soon to be married. But I hope she is also happy that I had moved on and found love.

I truly love Meeka. I love her son who had grown to be a son of my own. She is going to be the mother of my child. Our wedding was supposed to be next year but when we found out she was pregnant we pushed the wedding to December. She always wanted a Christmas fairy tale wedding. Some shit she would say.

I was sitting on my jet heading to LA. I made it big boy. At 24, I really busted my ass. After that night when we got all that money I used that shit to really be up in the studio. Shit I opened up my own studio joint. I was charging niggas to be up in there which added to my wallets. I was making money moves. One day my music got out there. I was charting on youtube. I was an uprising drill rapper and a nigga was attractive.

I was signed immediately by Atlanta Records and ever since then , making money. I was also boo'd up with Meeka. She been all over me lately, giving me some real good neck. I don't know if she acting like that cause she was horny from pregnancy but a nigga ain't complaining. A part of me was missing tho. Everyday I say a prayer , hoping Tammi rest in piece. Tammi and I clicked bro. A real good vibe and she was taken away too soon.

"You know we soulmate signs." She said while looking at her phone.

I was laying on my couch on my side watching Family Guy. I was lying on Tammis lap as her feet rested on my coffee table.

  "Girl what chu talking about?" I said In between laughs as Stewie cussed out Griffin.

   "Well baby you're a Scorpio and I'm a cancer. We is really compatible. It says we have a bond like no other and we will understand each other." She looked at her phone reading the rest of the passage silently.

  "You believe in that fa real ?" I laid on my back to look up at her.

"Yeah I do. I think it's really cool. You was basically made for me acc-" I cut her off.

"What if it's a lie?" I ask.

"It ain't. I feel it. I feel different with you. A good type of different." She looked down at me and smiled.

  I puckered my lips since I wanted to be kissed. She made a face like she was annoyed then she smiled.

  I used my index finger and pointed to my lips. She laughed and blended her head down to peck my lips.

  "Yeah you better listen to daddy." I said as I turned back to my side.

"Boy you crazy.."

I shook that memory out of my head. I gotta get in the zone. I got some shit to handle in LA. I got some big party to attend on Saturday, a radio interview and I got to meet up with some Puma people. They want me to be one of the faces for they brand. I don't really know tho. I don't be wearing no puma.

    I look out the window and see the lights of buildings get closer. I guess we about to land soon. Let's hope this trip goes good for me.