Obsession

The cold air of the basement did not bother me, though I could not help put tighten my grip on the blanket that I had thrown over my back.

Smoke rises in the air from the candle I have lit in between the two occupied pillows on the floor, and I smile at the sight.

There is posters I have strewn on the walls, all of which focus on the same subject. I could not stop myself from looking at them.

Oh, how I long for all four of them...

A stack of newspapers I have left in the corner briefly catch my eye, but they're not worth any attention.

So what if they say that two people have gone missing? 

I sigh and slowly walk to the right side of the candle, ignoring the red stains on the floor and the knife that lays forgotten near the wall.

I stop and look down at the peaceful form, which, unlike the other one, does not have a blanket.

A soft chuckle escapes my mouth.

"Aw, I always thought that you looked so pretty."

Gracefully, I take the blanket off of my back and tuck it over him.

I place my hand in his hair and press my lips up against his cold cheek for a moment. 

When I stand up, my gaze shifts to the one right next to him, who is also still. Silently, I walk over to his side and do the same thing.

The touch of their skin is so soft...

Standing up again, I walk over to the candle and blow it out. Even though the basement is entirely dark now, I can still see them, and they look so beautiful.

I just want to stay down here and cuddle with them tonight, but I have already done that quite a bit lately, so I suppose it's time I give that a break.

As I make my way towards the staircase, I sing a little tune to myself.

"Oh please, say to me, you'll let me be your man. And please, say to me, you'll let me hold your hand."

I pause when I finally reach the staircase, and I turn back to stare at those two lifeless bodies that lay next to each other.

I smile.

"Goodnight John. Goodnight Paul."