Locked

"Ay Ringo, did you forget to lock the door last night?"

"For the last time George, no."

John sighed as he listened to the pair, sitting on the edge of his bed as Paul rolled his eyes.

The bassist, who was laying on the bed he and John shared, turned his head towards Ringo and George.

"Just lay it off already. I mean, we all were pretty wasted when we got back here. Besides..."

He looked over at the closed door to their hotel room.

"It's locked from the outside now."

"Yes, but still, I'm sure I locket it..."

Ringo sighed, laying back down as he stared at the night sky outside.

John shrugged.

"Whatever. At least the room service lad didn't mind it."

Paul looked at John.

"Oh, I almost forgot about that..."

His lips fell slightly.

"But... something about him still feels off..."

George shook his head.

"Well, I mean, he does look a little scary out of context, but he's fine. I mean, his black hair might be a little long, but he says he got that scar on his cheek when he got in a fight with a very bad tenant here.

He paused.

"And... what was his name again?"

"Gerald, I think," Paul said.

For a moment, everything was silent.

Eventually, John yawned and stretched, laying back down in the bed.

"Well, I think it's time we all get some sleep, huh?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All was silent in the dark hotel room, The Beatles all peacefully sleeping.

In the hallway outside, a man with long black hair and a scar on his cheek silently walked, looking at each of the doors he passed.

When got got in front of a particular door he stopped.

A smile spread across his face, tightening his grip on the four syringes of poison as his other hand reached for the spare room key in his pocket.

With no hesitation, he unlocked the door and quietly entered the room.

His gaze swept across the four sleeping musicians, and he stood still for a moment.

Eventually, he walked over to George and Ringo's bed, staring down at the sleeping drummer below him.

Silently, he placed three of the syringes on the nightstand and held one of them up to Ringo's neck.

Acting quickly, he put his hand over Ringo's mouth and plunged the needle into his neck, the drummer waking up in an instant.

Smiling as he took the empty syringe away from Ringo, Gerald lowered his head down to him as the Beatle's eyes grew cloudy.

"Shh. Your death will be as painless as theirs..."

He grinned widely as he whispered.

"Yes, you did lock the door, but I just unlocked it last night so that I could watch all of you one last time."

He chuckled quietly as Ringo closed his eyes, his chest still.

Gerald put the empty syringe into his pocket, grabbing the three other ones on the nightstand as he looked at George.

"You're next, Georgie..."