Chapter 11

N/A ok hi here is another chapter it is strangly reminding me of today :P because of the amount of snow that my dog went out in the snow and she is about a foot tall I lost her she just fell through it and started burrowing it was too funny I am going to try to post as much as I can because tomorrow and Sunday I will be working on some projects for English I have 4 due in the next week and I hope to make them look nice :P also I get my braces off (not the leg braces that they wear in the book the normal teeth braces) and that is good anyway I might post another chapter or two also I may be busy for the next little while as my aunt and cousin have been driving for about 8 hours in the foot of snow to try and get to a vollyball game on monday in my home town and so yeah, Happy readings :) please comment, vote, follow, or something along that line because I really want to know what you think :D 

In January almost everything had gone back to normal until the second week when we were suddenly hit by a massive storm they had been warning about it for a week over radio and James and I got prepared but never expected what fell upon us. 

The day started normally I was tending to some of the polio patients and we had gotten two more kids in our care one was 7 years old and the other was 3 once I finished washing them and strapping them into braces I placed them in bed suddenly I found the girl with the horned rim glasses (who’s name was Katie) by the window she stopped reading then looked outside she suddenly ran me up to the window where I saw that the window was half way covered with snow “Oh my dear god that means that the snow is 3 feet high already and it still hasn't stopped snowing” I said in shock after a while I got everyone up for a craft, making snowflakes and hanging them on the ceiling, once the snowflakes were cut and hung there was a huge gust of wind then the bloody power flickered and went out all of the kids looked very scared as it was usually very dark at 6:00 in the night in January I lit some candles and put one at each child’s bedside then James came running in, hugging me “James don't tell me you need a candle and a bedtime story as well” I laughed pulling him off me “Good to know it’s still warm in here” he said then I noticed how cold his hands were “Oh dear goodness get all the children out of your ward” I said marching in with him and taking the brakes off the beds so all the children were moved into my ward. I lit the fire place then went to see Mr. Anderson who was very busy “Mr. Anderson, my shift is over its time for me to leave I’m afraid” I said then opened the door soon closing it again “goodness there is no way I’m going out in that I thought to myself “Mr. Anderson the door has been filled with snow I’m afraid we are staying the night I’m going to check the other wards to see if their fires are lit” I said running as Mr Anderson went to go see for himself I lit up the 3 room in Ward B then checked to see if all was good in Ward A it was fine so I helped James with my our ward we put all the kids to bed then found one of the empty disinfected hospital beds in the critical cases’ polio ward to sleep then for the next week we got stuck in the hospital, 7 days without escape from work James and I tended to the children though it was fun, it was also crazy the children were hoping to go out and play but their legs would have gotten stuck to the braces it was so cold outside so they stayed warm inside until the storm passed. after the 7 days of being stuck in the hospital from the snow the air warmed, only for one day but it was enough to get us home when we got home we went through the fridge, and luckily little Annie had figured out how to drink water from the toilets and her bowl and open the pantry door so she was fine, but the crackers were not. We turned the fireplace on then lounged by the fire before James dragged me up to our room and locked the cat out who had a habit of walking in at the worst of times creating the most awkward of moments of all time but ether way, we lived on we got a day off to recover from the week in the hospital then were right back to work, it was a good thing we both loved our jobs because we worked so often the winter hit us hard in January thats for sure.