Chapter 12

N/A OK I am sorry for not posting last night but I accidentally cut my finger with a knife and I am having trouble typing, also I have somehow lost my phone, even though it is obviously right in front of my nose, somewhere along with my glasses because the were with my phone at the time they vanished... anyway thank you sooo much for the feedback and yes, I will try to make the paragraphs shorter it is a bad habit of mine, along with run on sentences..... :P Keep commenting/reading and voting :) Happy readings (I'll try to post another chapter tonight, just we will see how fast I can type with my cut finger :3)

I suddenly woke one morning I felt myself flail then fall from the bed, on top of James who was digging something out from under the bed he fell with a loud grunt causing us both to start laughing until Annie the cat jumped on my forehead causing us both to laugh even more “what were you getting from under the bed?” I asked as he stood up “Nothing really just a button that rolled under the bed” he answered we laughed then ran slid down the stairwell in a funny way the snow had finally melted at the start of May I let down my hair from the bun it was so carefully pinned in and walked up to James I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him closer to me suddenly he kissed me causing me to kiss back that feeling of sparks down your back is amazing I could feel his lips around mine as his arms wrapped around my hips causing our kiss to deepen quickly I could feel my knees becoming jello and suddenly I almost fell, in response he picked me up and carried me up the stairs placing me down on our bed then resuming our kissing I wrapped my arms around him and brought him closer to me and as you may be able to imagine the rest is somewhat self explanatory when all was over, I heard the mail slip open and postcards fall onto the floor so we threw on some clothes and ran downstairs picking up the mail the cat was already playfully chewing on “There is one here from London” I said staring at the letter then opening it I read it over then handed it to James he looked over it then looked at me “so are you going or not?” he said passing it back to me “I couldn't turn it down, and of course its not forever” I said looking at it the font was nicely typed on a typewriter; 

Dear Elizabeth Smith, 

We have been noticing a decrease in staff at the hospital we were hoping you would be able to transfer for 3 months to work at our hospital for double your current wage, If you do decide to join all your uniforms and expenses will be covered along with a room for you at the hospital, we do hope you can come, however we are afraid that you may not be allowed to bring you husband James Smith for fear of him contracting polio we would like to keep your family safe, please we hope you can come work for us, please mail back with your response by friday.

Andrew Martins 

I looked over the letter then James and I went upstairs to pack up my suitcase as soon I would be moving to London, I had a feeling I was going to be working with more polio patients, and maybe even some people injured in the war, but James would miss me so much while I was gone I really wasn't sure if I wanted to go. 

James called everyone up and we went to the soda shop Mary, Nancy and Ruth restrained crying but all would miss me I felt terrible but knew I could only do this once so I would have to give it my all. Through the week all of the polio patients I was helping cried at least once knowing I would soon be leaving and Mr. Anderson gave me a muffin handing me their response telling me they booked a train for me the next day I felt sick but walked home after my shift greeting James with a weak smile as I handed him the letter since it was our last night together for 3 months I wouldn't blame him he didn't want to part with me suddenly I felt his lips on mine while I was washing the dishes then I got carried to our room where James rushed Annie the cat off the bed causing us both to burst out laughing, it would be a night to remember thats for sure. 

The next morning I picked one of my favourite pictures up from the basket and put it in my blue journal I often updated now as I loved writing everything about our love, the good times, the great times, and the odd fight, even the snowstorm. It was bursting, every few months I would tape more paper into it for another few months of writing so it was starting to become overstuffed. I went to pick up my suitcase but James had beaten me to it, there was no chance of stealing it back now my hair was in a tight bun and I was ready for work. We managed to get to the train just on time and just as I got on the train he slammed his lips upon mine as a final goodbye kiss I laughed then helped him lift my suitcase onto the train. 

I found a nice empty booth and opened the window as the train started waving my hand all about blowing kisses at James watching him run along the platform as the train sped off the blur of the union jacks hanging above the platform almost made me fell at home, at least I would still be in England I suddenly felt overcome with tiredness and laid down to rest on the bench until a little while later when we arrived, I had a sense for never oversleeping.

I lifted my suitcase off the train and looked around it looked similar to our train station, I pulled out a map then guided myself down the street to the hospital where I was instantly handed my uniform and guided to my room, I was hoping this would be a good 3 months.