|| Prolouge .ii ||

Kaori ( 10 years old )

"Why are we here again?" Kaori asks her father as they both entered the doors of the palace.

"It's because Fire Lord Azulon and Prince Ozai requested our presence." He explains to his daughter, somewhat nervous of sudden request. Not for him, but for his only child. "Now Kaori, I want you to be respectful. Only speak if you are spoken to. Okay?" She nodded her head, oblivious to the impending danger if we were not careful with their words.

They both arrived at the throne room. Fire Lord Azulon and Prince Ozai and his family are also present in the room. They bowed to them.

"General Ryuu, glad you could come." Fire Lord Azulon greets her father.

"Of course your majesty. It's an honour to be at the presence of the royal family." Ryuu said. "However if you please may inform me why you would go out of the way to call in me and my daughter?"

"Straight to the point as always ,General." Azulon laughs, but quickly ceased and returned back to his poker face. "I want your daughter to be wed with my grandson, Zuko."

Both father and daughter were shocked at the request. Ryuu clears his throat, "If I may ask, but why Kaori?" His hands clenched in a fist behind him.

"Your daughter is one of the exceptional young firebenders, and by having her be married to my son, a person with royal blood, we can be able to secure another sets of powerful benders who would one day rule this great nation." Ozai smirks as he explains. Lady Ursa pities the poor young girl. Azula is amused by her friend's predicament. Zuko doesn't really know how to react, he and Kaori have been good friends for the past two years but being engaged to each other is a different topic.

Ryuu didn't speak, he was left speechless and angry about what the Fire Lord plans to do with his daughter. He clears his throat, "But your majesties, Prince Zuko and Kaori are only just kids." He reasons.

"I do know that. But unlike Azula, Zuko was just lucky to be born and doesn't have the same spark like she does. Your daughter, however, is an only child and a lady. Her destiny and purpose is to be wed with someone to honor her family." Prince Ozai continued. He looks at Kaori and points at her, "That is her destiny and duty for the nation."

If Ryuu would have known early on that Kaori was the one their after, he would have let her fled out of the nation to hide herself from the wrath of the Fire Lord. He didn't respond, continuing on contemplating the possible outcome and the pro's and con's of Kaori marrying in the royal family. Yes it would be a great honor and privilege to be with the royal family, what more if you were given the chance to be one of them. But he doesn't want Kaori, nor the young prince and princess to he defiled and burdened upon the sins of their ancestors.

Ozai grew impatient to the general's long pondering and decided to speak up,"You do know the punishment of not following the royal order. Do you, General?"

"I accept."

"Kaori, you—" Ryuu was about to scold his daughter from mindlessly speaking without thinking but was interrupted by her.

"No Father. I am ready to face my duty and responsibility for our family and for our nation." She gracefully said, bowing at the royal family.

Ryuu sighs, he doesn't know if he should be angry or applaud at his daughter's bravery to hold onto such task. He then bows, at the same level as his daughter's, "I also agree with the marriage, your majesty."

"Excellent. They shall be wed once the prince is in his rightful age for marriage."