|| Chapter 5 ||

Kaori's PoV

Stupid ship being damaged.

Now we have to go to the nearest Fire Nation colony pier to repair the damages that the ship sustained during our first encounter with the Avatar. And the worse part of that, is that the nearest pier is under Captain Zhao's rule. I hate that guy. I'm a pretty understanding person with a bleeding heart but one thing's for sure is that I really hate that guy.

Meditating back at my room, calming myself down before we reached the docks. It will take a day to reach there which gives me enough time to relax myself before I set that guy's stupid beard on fire.

I heard the door opened and footsteps coming in the room. It's common courtesy to knock and announce yourself before you come in a room. But not this guy.

"Do you need anything, my love?" I said, not even bothering to open my eyes to look at him. When he didn't say anything, I sighed, knowing there's something bothering him. Well, there always is.

"Zuko, there's nothing much we can do until the ship's fixed. Why don't you join me in meditating? To calm yourself." I pat the cushion beside me.

"How can you do that at a time like this? We need to catch the Avatar. Now." He said impatiently. Even though my back is facing him, I know him too well that he's waving his arms out to further express himself.

"However, we can't catch up to him with a broken ship." I quickly countered, not missing a beat.

"I know." He grumbled, plopping down unto the cushion next to me. There was silence between us, but I didn't mind it. It's the kind of silence that comforts you. He let out a sigh before burying his head into the crook of my neck. "What will I do without you?" He mumbles, his breath fanning over my skin.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. "Crash and burn. Literally." I chuckled, adjusting myself so he could be more comfortable. He places soft kisses against my skin, and I couldn't help but let out a small laugh as his lips tickles me.

He pulled away. Golden embers staring into jade green stones. He leans in to close the distance between us.

"Go take a bath. You reek of sweat." I pushed him arm's length away from me, faking a gag. His eyes widen for a bit before quickly regaining his composure.

"Only if you join me, love." He said suggestively.

Oh Agni...

"Prince Zuko, how can you ask a lady of something like that? What will people think of such scandalous behavior?" I exaggerated a gasp with a matching horrified look that any middle-aged woman would have if they would have known what the Prince of the Fire Nation is planning to do.

"They will think that I'm giving my beloved fiancée the attention that she deserves." He said smoothly, leaning in for a kiss but a hand to his face stopped him from advancing. His face smushed against my palms, he let out a huff at me.

"Flattery will get you nowhere, my Prince." I simply replied. I pat his unscarred cheek. "Go take a bath. I'll be at your quarters after." I ushered him out of the room. He sighs in defeat, knowing fully well that I won't be that easy to swoon.

I smiled as I watch him walk out slowly as if he's waiting for me to change my mind (but I didn't) and shut the metal doors behind him. He can be so dramatic, most of the times. I quickly changed out of my armor, and into much comfortable night clothes. I removed the metal hair sticks and let my hair down, brushing it with my fingers.

Sneaking out of my quarters without any of the guards, or Iroh in most cases, spotting me has turned into my nightly missions. Especially in my night clothes. Although one-time Iroh did caught me just right before I entered Zuko's room. He didn't say anything, just cheekily smiled at me and whistled a tune as he continued on his way to play Pai Sho as if he didn't just see me.