one.

you sat on the couch, scrolling through your rotom phone. you groaned and put the phone down on your chest, looking up at the ceiling fan turn, and turn.  

"when will hop get here?" you thought, finally sitting up and letting your eyes wander around the room. your mum was working her job, as a nurse helping at a pokemon nursery. your main source of entertainment was hop, and of course, he wasn't here. you sighed, and pulled out a pokeball, throwing it and letting out your vulpix. the soft little fluffball jumped into your arms. you let out a chuckle. 

"aren't you a cute little thing!" you cooed to it, fluffing its fur and then letting it run in circles around the room. you got up and got yourself a drink of lemonade, setting it down on the table and watching the vulpix play around with a ball. you wish you could catch more pokemon, and today was the day you got to! your mum finally gave you more pokeballs so you could catch more, and you even got to roam around with hop! you only had three pokemon at the moment, vulpix, hatenna, and minccino. you only caught the minccino, and your mum caught the other two. but at least you had pokemon.

after playing for around fifteen minutes with the vulpix, a knock finally came at the door. you quickly let the vulpix back into the pokeball and put the ball in your bag, rushing to the door. you opened it, and saw a grinning hop.

"hi, y/n! sorry i took a while, lee decided to keep me in and told me to get "properly dressed." like, come on! i'm just hangin' out with ya!" hop said, elbowing you. you laughed, and flattened your dress.  

"ready to go?" hop asked.

"of course i am!" you exclaimed, running outside, leaving hop at the door. hop slammed the door shut and ran after you, laughing as he skipped past steps. 

"oh, yeah! what level is your vulpix now?" hop yelled, hoping you would hear. 

"eight!" you answered, motioning him to come forward as you slowed down. hop caught up to you and pointed to a wooloo roaming in the tall grass.

"lookie... we can be twins!" he told you, smiling.

"i don't see why i can't catch it.." you said, while letting out hatenna to fight it. 

"go hatenna.. use disarming voice!" you told it. the hatenna had no response, but instantly used disarming voice against the wooloo. the wooloo fell slower, which meant it was weaker.

"i just need to get it to become weak-"

"you don't always have to get it to become extremely weak. right now is good!" hop said, grabbing your shoulder. you smiled and nodded, taking out a pokeball, and throwing it at the wooloo. the wooloo got inside and the pokeball started clicking.

click...

click...

ding!

you picked up the pokeball, jubilant. another pokemon added to your team! you turned to hop, and hop gave two thumbs up, smiling. 

"we can match now, mate!" hop said, taking a look at the wooloo by his side. 

you smiled, inspecting the pokeball.

"i told you, you don't have to get pokemon weak all the time. sometimes they just retreat, or they wanna be with you," hop said. "but i mean, i get them, you're such an awesome trainer!" 

you blushed lightly at hop, but quickly pulled yourself together. "thanks, hop." hop nodded, running ahead into the grass.

"h-hey! slow down, you're gonna run into so many pokemon!" you yelled at him, attempting to catch up. 

-------------------------------------

click...

click...

ding!

that was the eighteenth pokemon. a pretty yamper. you let the yamper out of the pokeball you caught it in, and let it into your arms. 

"well, you sure are the trainer, huh?" hop asked, chuckling. "why don't we have a battle, what do you say?" 

"i don't see why not," you said smiling. "but be ready to be beat!"

"not today!" hop said, letting out a meowth.

"wow, where'd you find that?" you asked, letting the yamper run ahead to fight the meowth. 

he shrugged.

"meowth, scratch!" hop told it. the meowth obeyed and scratched yamper. the yamper let out a small cry, and turned to you. its little tail waved back and fourth, while it awaited your directions.

"i- uh- yamper, bite!" you told it. the yamper whimpered, but then bit the meowth. hop smiled.

"you really found some good pokemon." he told you. 

"yeah- uh- thanks." you mumbled, watching the small yamper run around in small circles. 

"meowth, fake out!" the meowth used fake out, luckily only hurting the yamper a little.

"yamper, nuzzle!" the yamper nuzzled the meowth, leaving it fainted. the meowth went back inside the pokeball, leaving hop shocked.

"wow... you really are pretty good!" hop said, patting your back.

"thanks!" you said. 

"well... it's getting late. want me to take you back to your house?" hop asked you, letting out his wooloo to walk by his side.

"sure, i guess."

"oh, yeah, uh here. i'll heal your pokemon." hop healed your pokemon, and then took your hand and started racing to your house.

"ah- hop!" you exclaimed. hop looked back at you and smiled. you smiled back, while watching the little wooloo catch up.