seven.

(unedited)

hi y'all! i decided to list all the pokemon y/n has mentioned just to make it easier for you!

- vulpix
-hatenna
-wooloo
-yamper
-minccino
-rookidee

comment if i missed any ^^

you sat at the kitchen table, alone once again. your mum was at work at the pokemon nursery, like always. your mum said that you could go to hop's whenever, thankfully. even though you both agreed that you'd forget what happened last night, which you haven't, doesn't do any damage to your friendship. still the same old best friends. your phone sat next to your plate of cereal. you watched the hills roll in the distance, and the sun slowly rise from the horizon. suddenly, your phone vibrated, disturbing the calm mood. you picked up your phone and took a look at the notification.

hop: Y/N! you wanna come over? im bored T__T

you: of course, on my way! ♪

you quickly placed the empty bowl of cereal in the sink and took your phone and dashed to your bedroom. you took a shower and changed. you brushed your hair and tied it into a high ponytail. you pulled a small strand to let it hang near your right ear. you smiled to yourself and grabbed your backpack and placed your phone inside. you went outside to see the sun hanging over the clouds. the sun was bright and had a warm orange veil around it. it was beautiful. you pulled out a pokeball and let your vulpix out. you swung your backpack onto your shoulders and carried the small vulpix, its fluffy fur sticking out. you watched the clouds move above, until suddenly, the grass moved.

"vulpix.. is that what i think it is?" you whispered to the vulpix. then a small pokemon jumped out, nearly scratching the vulpix.

"wow.. a gossifleur!" you muttered, letting the vulpix onto the ground, releasing it from your arms. the vulpix spun in circles and jumped.

"okay vulpix.. use ember!" you told your partner, as it obeyed and sprung forward, slightly burning the flower. the pokemon took lots of damage, but thankfully not passing out. the gossifleur took a branch and poked the vulpix. the vulpix didn't take much damage, as it still stood on its paws.

"alright.. perfect!" you said to yourself, pulling out a pokeball and throwing it at the pokemon.

click..

click..

ding!

you caught a gossifleur! your vulpix cried happily, as it nudged the pokeball on the ground.

"yay! good job, vulpix!" you said, going on your knees and ruffling the vulpix's fur on its head. you picked up the pokeball and placed it in your bag, then scooped up your vulpix into your arms.

"one day, i'm going to evolve you into a ninetales. i promise!" you cooed to the vulpix, as you nuzzled your nose on its forehead. the vulpix made a small squeak, indicating it was happy. you smiled, and started walking towards hop's house.

once you got to his house, you knocked on his door, the sun high up in the sky with the clouds. a few yampers were running around, chasing each other into the tall grass. the small cries and the sound of their running filled in the empty sound of a calm morning. until hop jolted the door open. classic hop.

"y/n! come in." he greeted you, stepping aside to let you in. you smiled and nodded as he closed the door after you went inside.

"so.. where's leon?" you asked him, as you plopped the vulpix in a chair. the vulpix looked around for a bit, then curled up and fell asleep instantly.

"he's out with friends. raihan and sonia." hop said, sitting down in the chair next to the sleepi vulpix. you nodded.

"what do you want to do?" you asked.

"ah... i wanna talk to you about something." he said, watching the vulpix snore quietly.

"yeah?"

"um.. i kinda need the love ball back." hop said, turning to you. he looked guilty. but what for? just because he needed the love ball back?

"oh.. yeah that's okay!" you told him, keeping a happy tone in your voice to make sure your feelings of little sadness don't reach him. those were only for you.

"thanks." he mumbled, smiling. you took your back from the ground and looked through it, finding the love ball and giving it to him. he took it and placed a small stone in your hand.

"huh? what's this?" you asked, watching the orange glow from the stone.

"a fire stone. still something in return for what i did, i can't just take back the ball and give you nothing back!" hop said, putting the love ball in his pocket.

"but what does it do?" you asked again.

"i heard you outside talking to your vulpix, and i figured that you need a fire stone to evolve a vulpix, i found one in my room." he explained, pointing to the stone as he spoke.

"wow.. i see! thank you so much, hop." you said, your mood lightening up as the stars in the sky show at night. hop smiled and nodded. suddenly, he sighed.

"what's wrong?" you asked him, a mood change so fast it's unreasonable.

"i think so much that we're gonna change a lot in the future. what if we're not friends anymore?" hop muttered, staring at you with eyes traveled up so far. you bit your bottom lip. he was right.

"a path will lead us back." you told him, even though you didn't believe in your statement that much.

"but what if it loses its way too?" he responded. "but i just hope we'll still be best friends."

"best friends." you thought. "nothing will change?" you nodded in agreement. or just didn't want to show your sudden sadness.

"but don't worry. whatever happens, i won't ever get lost. because i have a map." hop said, closing his eyes and showing a smile.

"really?"

"yup. you're my map, because you lead me to where all the right choices and guide me to a great life," hop told you. "and i'd be nothing without a map, so i'll never lose you."

"wow.. i-"

"and you won't lose me either, got it?" hop asked, holding out his pinky. you smiled and nodded, taking yours and intertwined them.

"thank you for being my best friend until now, y/n." hop muttered, hugging you.