six.

(unedited)

"oh.. i see. sorry y/n.." sonia said, apologizing and rubbing your back.

"what's wrong? is something up?" raihan asked you, scratching the back of his head.  you looked around nervously, and saw that hop was eager to know why you wouldn't do it, either.

"i'm just not really comfortable with doing it.. i guess." you muttered, looking down at the floor.

"ah.. that's okay." sonia said, the soft tone in your voice that helped tell you that it's okay. even though you know you let everyone down with just a couple of words, something in sonia's voice told you that it's really okay. you let a small, soft smile to tell everyone that you appreciated their respect.

"eh, it's alright. but i was really interested in what you'd say." hop told you, then chuckled after. you shrugged.

"well too bad~" you told him, and stuck your tongue out, giggling. hop frowned, but then instantly smiled right after.

"alright.. do you want another dare, y/n?" sonia asked you, turning to your direction.

"sure!" you told her.

"please throw as many raisins at raihan, he's way too annoying for me!" sonia ordered you, starting to laugh.

"sonia, i actually hate y-" you tossed a raisin at raihan's nose.

"hmph, i hate you all! especially this one!" raihan yelled, picking up the raisin and throwing it at gordie. then he laughed, as he watched gordie pick up the raisin and throw it at nessa. the raisin passed on, until all the raisins were being used. sometimes happy moments like these can be rare, but when they happen you know you're lucky.

"bye, guys!" you called, as you exited hop's house. the memory of you not accepting sonia's dare floated back into your head, paining it. you felt bad, but you did it for the sake of both you and hop.

"y/n—! wait!" hop called after you, as you turned back and saw hop running to you. he stopped right in front of you, panting and bending down while putting his hands on his knees.

"what's wrong, hop?" you asked, looking down at him. he sighed and went back to his normal position.

"well.. when you said you couldn't do the "fake confession" to me, you said you weren't comfortable with it, right?" he said, turning to you. you nodded. you thought he suspected something was off, and unfortunately you were correct.

"i know that wasn't it. please tell me, and only me, the truth." hop asked, putting his hands on your shoulders. you hesitated, and thought about what to say to him. you didn't want to lie to him, right? hop was definitely not a seeker for lies, and whenever he got lied to, it would pain him. and it'd especially hurt if it was from a friend. but you were his best friend. friendship is so hard to discover, and if you lied to hop just one time, in front of his face, you could blow everything up. even though you lied to everyone at truth or dare, it was personally hop. so what now?

"i—"

"please tell me, y/n." hop mumbled, his voice as if it was going to crack and start crying. you didn't know what to do.

"i wasn't lying, i reall-"

"STOP—" hop sighed, and squeezed your shoulders. "lying to me." you gasped softly. you haven't seen hop like this in ages. hop let go of your shoulders and backed away, covering his face. he was blushing. he was breathing heavily, and it was like he was going to breakdown and feel extremely flustered.

"i'm sorry... b-but i'm just—"

"hop. it's okay. really, you're fine." you told him, the wind picking up. his soft smile came back, his face warming up. he looked relieved.

"why.. is he so.. cute?" you thought, softly blushing while looking at your shoes. a small feeling that developed recently grew so big, it was way too hard to handle. why was hop such a likable person? what was so special about him? you thought that especially his smile was special, but not until now you realized how special it was. everything about hop is something you'll never find again.

"how about," hop said, rocking back and fourth on his feet. "we forget this happened."

"deal." you said, picking up his wrist and shook his hand. he smiled and shook it back.

"and.. i'm sorry again... like-"

"hop." you said, stopping him and chuckling. he smiled.

"well, wanna meet at my house tomorrow?" you asked, smiling back and flattening your dress.

"of course." hop told you. he waved bye to you, and showed another smile. you waved back and ran back to your house.

"i'm sorry hop.. but i'm just saving our friendship." you thought, looking back at his house..

AHHH IM SORRY MY WRITING HAS BEEN SO BAD LATELY T—T. but still hope ya enjoyed! im currently still on vacation so chapters are coming slow.. but thanks for all the support! thank u so much!!  (╹◡╹)