The Other Side

With BB back with Sean, Anti was left a little depressed again. He liked having that cat around. He was so affectionate and cuddly, Anti was tempted on stealing him away but thought better of it, knowing Evelien would kill him. He had never met her but watched her videos enough to know she could kick his ass.

He needed something to do but staying inside all the time was getting dull. 

'I really need to stretch my legs. I know they're trying to keep me locked up here but I can't fooking stand it any longer. So what if I run into Dark again? I could take him now!'

His mind was finally easing back to normal but he still had nightmares of the void and the illusions he witnessed. And he couldn't stand the dark but everything would be okay so long as he had the nightlight. 

Stretching with a fierce yawn, Anti finally decided to pick himself up out of bed. He threw a hoodie on and stuffed his favorite knife in his back pocket, the baggy hoodie hiding it from view.

He had proven before how easy it was to escape the house without the others knowing and this tactic was no different from all the other times he snuck out. He jumped out the window and glitched from block to block until he was far enough away from the house to walk  comfortably along the sidewalk.

'Now what to do?' he thought to himself. He was bored and sick and tired of being cooped up all of the time around the other egos. They were suffocating and most of the time, just plain annoying. And he didn't know what to think about Chase at the moment. His feelings on him were always complicated but now it was even more so. Did he really care about him at all or was him coming here just a ploy for something else?

Did anyone really care about him? Was anyone really truthful when they say they care about him or they forgive him for all the terrible things he's done. If it were him, he wouldn't. He really didn't understand why they let him move in to start with. They said what he did was worth giving him another chance but . . . .  Anti still never really understood it all. Why wouldn't he have done what he did? 

He wasn't that much of a monster. . . .

On his trek along the town, he stopped in front of a convenience store. A few months ago, he had robbed a similar looking one down the road just for the hell of it only for Jackie to burst in his room and take everything back. He sort of missed those times.

He missed the times when he was the bad guy and Jackie was the hero. Also stopping him and saving the day. Anti always saw it as a way to bond with Jackie sort of even if Jackie didn't. It was like a game, playing tag and at first, Anti knew the hero hated it. He always went back out after subduing him and fixed the mess he made. 

Part of Anti felt bad but the other part of him was happy. Satisfied. Because at least, then, someone was paying attention to him. No one else ever did. Not even Chase did before he left. After the party, you'd think he'd be more grateful but the tragedy that followed blinded him from the truth.

That was when Anti realized that only Jackie ever really paid attention to him. JJ was around but he was one that always kept to himself, preferring to stay out of other people's business.

'Then with him making me train with him that day. . . ' it finally clicked in Anti's head, 'Wait a second'

He growled, clenching his fists in the pockets of his hoodie, ignoring the strange looks he got from people passing him by.

'Why didn't I see it before?' he really should have put it all together before but honestly, the attention may have blinded him from what was really going on.

'Before the party years ago he hated me. . . .  then he defended me, letting me move in with them all.'

He felt like glitching but he didn't want to cause a scene at the moment in his internal rage.