Secrets

Anti stared at the man in front of him with surprise. He could hear the faint ringing that came with his presence but it wasn't as noticeable as the last time they encountered one another.

"I  . . . apologize for the way our last meet-up went." he had a blank look on his face as always. Not apologetic at all.

"If I had known they were going to send you there, I wouldn't have put you in danger like that, Anti. You can trust me on that."

Anti stood up fully on the roof, staring across at the man in the suit.

"Leave me alone, Dark."

Dark was surprised to say the least, "Excuse me? I apologized, Anti. Isn't that worth anything? And you know me. . . I don't apologize for anything or anyone."

"So why me?"

"You're different."

"̶B̵u̷l̵l̶s̸h̷i̵t̴e̷.̶" Anti glared at him, "We both know your just blowing smoke out yer ass, Dark. Now just fook off and leave me alone!"

Dark was starting to lose his temper a little, his red aura burning within, "What did they do now that you're up here, Anti? We both know you only come up here to get away from them, even if they do know where to find you"

Anti crossed his arms and stared him down, unmoving. It was unnerving, even to Dark and his eye twitch a little, "Or is the problem not them, but you? Tell me, Anti, what did you see in the void? What was your worst nightmare?"

"Why should tell you? It'll only give you more ammo against me. Fuck off and leave me be, D̶a̴r̴k̸. I want nothing to do with you"

"Then why did you so willingly take the job I offered to you?"

Anti halted, his eyes widened. Dark smirked and continued, "It wasn't the prospect of a reward that sold you, Anti. I know it wasn't. And it couldn't have been that you were rushed into decision. No. . . . you missed the old days, didn't you?"

Anti's mouth felt dry and his shoulders dropped. 

"You missed being my partner in crime. Doing things that were so wrong. Things that would send shivers down your spine. The bloodlust overtaking you. Back then, you'd do anything for simply my words of praise and the look of fear in your victim's eyes. I know WHY you left my side. Why you didn't do that last thing I asked of you. . . . you've grown weak around them. If it had been anyone else, you would have had it done in seconds without a thought!"

Dark walked closer to Anti and the closer he came, the louder that ringing sounded. Anti started to sweat and accidentally broke by taking a step back. Dark smirked, "You afraid of me, Anti, old friend? Look what they've done to you. You've been infected by their worthless emotions. You did all that they asked of you and let yourself become domesticated for THEM. And what have you received for it? Nothing but pain."

Anti swallowed and looked anywhere but Dark's eyes. He couldn't look at him. He just couldn't.

"But you don't have to live like that anymore, Anti."

The glitch shuddered and peered a bit more bravely to Dark's face. Dark smiled as if Anti did a good thing, "You could leave them. Come back with me, my friend. Everything can go back to the way it was before. When it was you and me and you didn't have these stupid feelings corrupting you. . . . . . . . I just need you . . . . to do one little thing for me"

Anti glitched a little and was suddenly thrown back into reality. 

He snapped backwards away from Dark and glared hard at him, "̴F̴U̵C̷K̶ ̷Y̸O̸U̶!̵ I know what you're trying to do! You're trying to manipulate me again! Well guess what?! It won't f̷o̵o̸k̵i̵n̴g̶ work, Dark! I'm not about to be your f̵o̶o̶k̵i̷n̸g̷ ̴p̴e̸t̷ again! I'm my own person, dammit! Not your t̵o̸o̵l̵ that you can use and throw away at your own whim! I thought you were my f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̵!̸"̶