Chapter 3: A Hobbit and a Giant

*Smut warning for this chapter for those who don't want to read that part it is not until the end so you can skip it easily.

"Wake up, Ellie! Rufus called, he has a case he wants us to take care of!" Max barked giving the bedroom door a couple pounds. After she gave him a groggy response, she heard him shuffle away and down the stairs. Slowly, Elliott got up stretching happy that she was only slightly hungover. She could deal with the small headache behind her eyes. Just grateful it wasn't a queasy stomach. She dressed quickly in her go to, graphic tee, shorts, and leather jacket. Sighing sadly knowing summer was soon coming to an end and shed have to go back to jeans. Elliott was a summer girl. Even with all the scars and bruises she acquired she couldn't help but love the feel of the warm sun on her skin.

She greeted Sam and Dean as she entered the kitchen. Then snatched a piece of toast from Max's plate. "Hey!" he tried to grab it back but she ducked out of the way and stuck her tongue out at him childishly. Max rolled his eyes and sat up from the table to bring his now empty plate to the sink.

Max cleared his throat. "Well it was nice to meet you both, Sam and Dean, and thanks for trying to help with Elliott's -uh –thing. But were going to be heading out this morning."

Sam and Dean did a double take, glancing from one another to their new hunter friends confused. "Wait, what? Where are you going?" Sam straightened up in his chair his lost eyes meeting Elliott.

"We got a case. Small town Minnesota locals have found bodies exsanguinated . Obviously, a vamp nest." She shrugged, surprised that Sam seemed so upset at her leaving. Not that she didn't want to spend more time getting to know the giant Winchester, especially after their outing last night. But she was a hunter, she had a job to do.

"What happened to needing our help?" Dean's brows knit together as he glanced between the two siblings.

"It's not like we have any leads. As much as I want to figure this out there is nothing, we can do but research at the moment, and we've done as much as we really can here anyways." Max explained with a half-smile that didn't quite reach his face. Elliott could see right through her brother. They were close, had grown up with no one but each other. Being on the road, hopping from school to school and never settling in one place for very long didn't give them an opportunity to make any real friends had led to them becoming more than your average siblings. They were each other's friend, and because of that she could read him better than anyone else could as she knew he could read her just as well. She could read it all over his face and body language, as much as he tried to disguise it. It was obvious to her he needed a distraction. Max was overwhelmed by her, and she couldn't blame him. She was overwhelmed by her newly found ability.

"Might as well stay busy. Hope we find something along the way." Elliott added not admitting she really needed a distraction as well. At least not out loud. She wanted to work a case, not be the case.

"We want in." Sam blurted standing up from his chair at the kitchen table to meet Max's hesitant stare. Dean's brow furrowed as he turned to his brother as if he had grown two more heads.

"That's nice of you Sam, but we can handle a little vampire nest. This isn't our first rodeo." Max chuckled.

"I'm sure you can handle yourselves. We just want to help. I kinda owe your sister for healing-taking those gashes from me." Sam struggled to come up with a decent excuse to stay with Elliott just a little longer. The girl who had him feeling things he hadn't dreamed of feeling since Jessica. He turned to his brother for help.

Dean sighed. As much as he didn't like to work with other hunters, Sam had a point. She had taken on those pretty nasty gashes and would probably bare some ugly scars that she didn't deserve. That, and he wasn't blind he could see how this tiny hunter was affecting his brother. Dean may not be the 'smart one' but he wasn't and idiot. "Not like I could ever turn down a chance to behead some leaches,"