Chapter 10: These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends

It had been almost two months since Max and Elliott Anders had left Bobby's house. Sam and Elliott kept in touch though. At first it was just after one or the other had finished a hunt, but it soon escalated. Now they were at the point of daily texts and calls. They talked about everything. From their exciting hunts to the mundane of what they had eaten that day. Max could obviously see there was something going on between his little sister and the tall Winchester, but let it be. After what Elliott had been through with the yellow eyed demon, he just wanted her to be happy.

"Looks like we're going to Nebraska again." Max threw the Omaha World Herald at his sister sitting across from him. They were at a small dinner in the middle of nowhere just fueling up after their latest case.

"Animal attack leaves two college students' dead. The bodies were found just off the local college Wayne State's campus. Nebraska Wildlife Officials are only able to speculate this was the work of a mountain lion. Though Nebraska has had mountain lion attacks in the past it is rarely seen so far from the state border-" Elliott read out loud with little interest. "Could just be an animal attack? She didn't want to go back to Nebraska. That was where the demons had held her captive, and she wasn't in a hurry to go back to the cornhusker state.

"Or, could be a werewolf." Max stated flatly before taking a rather large bite out of his bacon cheeseburger. She gave him a pointed look and waited for him to swallow the large mouth full. "It's a full moon. We only have two days before it moves on or we'd lose it."

"Alright. Let's go." Elliott sighed standing from the booth to leave. She stretched and cracked her back, still sore from the salt and burn they had just finished last night. Grave digging wasn't good for anyone's back.

Wayne Nebraska wasn't too far, just a short four hour drive. Elliott laid on her back, head on the empty middle seat while she let her bare feet dangle out the open window. She was almost asleep when their song came on the radio. Max smiled wide and glanced down to her quickly before looking back to the road. Reaching over he turned up the volume, the Beatles, Here Comes the Sun played through The Beast's speakers. Max and Elliott had heard this song a hundred times over. Their Dad had always said it was their mother's favorite.

"Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter," Max sung a large smile on his face thinking back to when he used to sing this for Elliott as a baby. She always zonk out before he could finish the song.

"Little darling it feels like years since it's been here. Here comes the sun," Elliott joined in. Her singing like it always had been was completely off key, no matter how hard she tried.

"Here comes the sun, and I say, it's alright." They sung together. Elliott didn't move from her position but looked up and gave her brother a smile as they continued to sing. "Sun, sun, sun here it comes. Sun, sun, sun here it comes. Sun, sun, sun here it comes. -"

They went on singing finishing the short song off key and smiling. Elliott sent a quick text to Sam about her brother being a sentimental dweeb before they arrived. That would be the last text she would send him in days.

The town was very small almost everything besides housing was on one main street. They pulled into the itty bitty police department and hopped out of the pickup. An older grey haired lady sat at the little wooden desk in the front, typing slowly on an old computer.

"I'll be with you in just a moment." Max coughed to hide his laughter at the old woman as she typed very at a snail's pace. Elliott rolled her eyes at him and gave him a pointed look. Although she also found it funny that the woman was just poking at the keys with just her pointer fingers, Elliott had manners and knew better then to laugh. "Alrighty what can I help you two with today?" The woman smiled sweetly greeting them happily.