chapter seventeen

Cassies pov

*a week later*

I never went to the toads office and now Im getting fired! I cant believe it. They forced the divination teacher and I to pack up and leave. McGonagall looked like she was about to blow Umbridge up. We were able to save the divination teacher from being fired but they couldnt save me. It was either I go or go to Azkaban...Now Im going through the floo system and back home to see Sirius. Which is good. Christmas is in two weeks so the kids get on break in a few days. "Grimmauld place" I say loudly before Im swirled into the mass of nausea. I tripped out the fireplace and fell onto the ground with all of my bags. "Ouch dammit" I mutter and look up to see Molly. "Cassandra!" She squeaks in surprise and helps me up. "Why are you back?" She questions. "Dolores Umbridge, one of the rude ministry workers fired me" I shrug. "Dumbledore is going to let me teach again when she is gone" I add. "Where is Sirius?" I ask. "Oh he's moping around his bedroom. I almost feel sorry for him" she says. "Almost?" I ask. "Yeah..he is annoying" she smiles softly. I laugh before quietly walking up the stairs quietly. I hear a bunch of noise coming from Sirius' room so I quietly walk to the door which was open. He didnt notice me, he was busy muttering spells and breaking then fixes a vase over and over again. He looked pitiful, he needed to shave again and his hair was already growing out. He was laying on his bed with the most bored expression ever. Finally after him constantly breaking then fixing the vase I got annoyed and pulled my wand out and did a silent spell to make it disappear. He looked utterly confused until he looked up after hearing me start laughing. "Cassandra!" He says happily and I groan. "Cass." I tell him. Gosh everyone is calling me Cassandra! "I missed you" he says ignoring my comment. He pulls me into his arms and kisses me. I run my hand through his hair before pulling away. "We need to cut your hair and you need to shave" I laugh and poke his face. "You cant let yourself go every time I leave" I tell him. He pouts but nods. "Why are you here early?" He asks. I explain what happened with the toad and then he smiles. "Yayyy!" He says happily. I glare at him and he smiles sheepishly "I missed you" he says and kisses my neck making me moan and pull away. "Sirius!" I whisper yell and he smirks. "Yes, love?" He asks. "Molly is down stairs" I tell him and cross my arms. "So, no." I tell him with a smirk. He starts to argue but I apparate downstairs to the kitchen and start helping Molly cook because her and Arthur are going to be staying over here for Christmas so they went ahead and came over so Molly could start decorating, Arthurs at work. Sirius walks down the stairs as Molly and I talked. "Hows Harry?" She asks. "He isnt talking to me at the moment" I say quietly. "He got mad because I was trying to replace Lily" I add softly when she looked confused. "His words not yours." Sirius adds for me. "Awe. Im sorry" Molly says. "I think its true though. I was pushing in, I guess he just reminded me so much of James and Lily that I wanted to be close to him." I tell them with a sigh as I use my wand to cook the noodles. "He will come around." Molly says and smiles "How about we go shopping for Christmas presents?" She asks. I look at Sirius knowing he cant go he nods so I smile at Molly. "Sure. We can go tomorrow" I tell her as the three of us sat down to eat the finished meal. Arthur apparated in and grabbed a plate and sat down beside Molly. We started talking about the ministry and Umbridge who he hated aswell. Apparently she doesnt like muggleborns or halfbloods....who wouldve known.