Chapter 3

Tom and Edd go into the driveway of Edd's house and park. When Tom sees the house he comments on how nice it looks.

"Thanks! My grandparents gave it to me when they moved."

"Where'd they move to?"

"Can you believe it? To the states! Why does everyone move there? Personally I'd rather move to Germany, but that's just me."

"An odd place to go, any reason?"

"There's this new place in Germany that's themed a round cola and junk food! Some sort of amusement park, I think? I hear the cola comes free if you eat there."

"Sounds unhealthy."

"Have you seen yourself? You're not healthy either."

Inside the house, Edd puts up his car keys and Tom sits at the kitchen counter.

"That's because I haven't eaten all week."

Edd pauses briefly before brushing over that fact. He smiles and comes up with a menu for Tom.

"By the way, what would you like to eat?"

"Meat!"

"Best choice! I have steak in the fridge, won't you be a dear and help peel the potatoes?"

"You call me an nickname and I'll hit you."

"Okay okay!.....Pina-colada."

Tom throws a random brick laying a round. It bonks Edd in the head.

"Ouch!"

"My hand slipped."

"I am the one cooking, so one more slip and you get salad."

"Lame."

Edd chops up lettuce and cabbage as Tom messes up the potatoes or rather potato.

"Can you be any slower?"

"I haven't cooked since my mom died, do you think I lived the forest for nothing?"

"....Want to listen to music?"

"Sure...."

Edd turns the radio on and begins to sing off tune.

"SUN-shiiine! Lolipops!!! RaINbows EvErYwHeRe~"

Tom shuts the radio off right a way.

"Okay, that's enough. Is the food ready?"

"....yeah, go sit down."

Edd grumbles as Tom sits at the table, he notices there are two unopened soda cans on the table. He reaches out for one.

"Don't touch that, it's mine!"

"But there are two-"

"Both are mine!"

"....okay.", Tom spoke so quietly with his head down.

Edd felt a sting of guilt when he saw him and looked a way.

"....You can have one. Only because I'm a great guy!"

Tom looked up and smiled faintly.

"Thank you....", Tom whispers.

Dinner began and no one poke. The sound of the clock ticking can be heard.

"Hey Edd....what happens after this?"

"....Do you want to stay? I know being near a stranger is dangerous, but....when I look at you...."

"Pity?"

"....yes but no....When I look at you I'm amazed that you lived for so long looking like that."

"I'm dirty and disgusting....your truck probably needs a wash."

Edd chuckles, "Probably, but I don't mind. Look, I want to help you. So, lets talk about this tomorrow, okay? Are you willing to stay in one of the spare bedrooms?"

The pleasant look Edd gives Tom made him think for a bit. Perhaps it would be fine? He won't be so hungry and it's warm in here too....

"O-Okay....for tonight."

Edd continues to smile and picks up the dishes.

"I'll clean up and you take a bath, it's up stairs. On the left side of the hall, next to my studio."

"Okay....thank you...."

"No problem! I'll bring some clothes and set them by the door when I'm done, okay? Night!"

"Good night...."

-------------

BYE~