Chapter 15

———
The morning of Tom's out burst came and Tom slowly made his way down stairs. He wanted to act normal and thought what to say to Edd.

When he saw him in the kitchen, all the words escaped his mind and left him blank. He nodded to greet Edd and sat at the table.

Ringo already eating in the corner. Edd continued to cook in silence. Tom watched him and noted he hadn't said anything, nor has he looked any different.

In fact, Edd was smiling and paying him no mind. Tom relaxed, he took the cup in front of him and pour a little milk. He added two cubes of sugar and then the tea.

He stirred the tea until it was just right. Then he took a small sip. Edd sat down as he place two plates on the table.

The morning was quiet and peaceful. At least until Edd burped in front of Tom. Tom and Edd laughed.

————
"Want to watch Telly?", asked Edd.

"Sure.", shrugged Tom.

————-

Tom and Edd flipped through the channels without care. Snippets of dialogue and words passing as they do. Notably parts of a news cast reporting a monster jaunt through the woods of some sort, it wasn't clear.

Then a sparkling ad about a zombie love movie came on and Tom begged Edd to go see it.

"I love zombie movies as much as the next guy, but Tom... you don't have an identity yet. What if something happens?", said Edd.

Tom deflated at that. Edd pat him on the shoulder and stopped on a channel with cartoons on.

"When... and how... do I get an id?", questioned Tom.

"Well, considering you where born here I'd say you already have one. It just needs an update. You may have been a missing person.", Edd scratched his head.

Edd looked at Tom for a moment before speaking.

"Say Tom, I know you said you got every thing from your forest home, but I was wondering.... If you left anything that your mom owned?", asked Edd.

"Uh, we had a house, but I don't know what happened to it. My mom didn't tell me anything and I didn't know what to ask. Also.... Hm....", Tom was deep in thought.

Edd looked at himself and realized he left the kitchen a mess.

"You go  ahead and start remembering, while I clean the mess I made this morning.", said Edd with a pat on Tom's head.

Tom continued to think about how he lived in the forest.  He remember little as little happened. Every day when his mom was alive, he would sit in his tree burrow and she would bring him food she hunted.

He figured out later on how she was able to do so, but never on how she cooked it. He would blink and it was there.

Tom remembered when it was cold and he could do nothing but keep his eyes closed. His mom's scales warmed him yet he never actually saw what she looked like.

He remembered that she would wash the cloth and skins they had to where. He remembered how he'd ask when they could go home. How her answer was when he was old enough.

Well he certainly was old enough now.

Tom felt a furred body next to his. Ringo cuddled right next to him. He smiled and gently pet Ringo.

—————————-

Next chapter let focus on Matt.

Bye!