Chapter 5

What a conundrum. Here he is in his tree burrow feeling sad and lonely after waking up hours ago and now there Edd is looking at him with a sad expression, probably disappointed that he ran off.

"Why did you leave? I had breakfast and everything...."

"....", I didn't say anything.

He came closer and draped a cover over me and knelt down. I turned a round so I wouldn't look at him. I wasn't in my monster form anymore and I was not sure what to say to him. I can't just say the truth, I don't know how he'd react.

"Please trust me, I want to get to know you better."

"...I'm a monster."

WHAT THE HECK AM I SAYING? Such an idiot, oh why don't I just tell him my life story while I'm at!?

---------------------------------------------

Edd chuckles and pats Tom on the head. Tom laughs nervously and stiffens up.

"You're not a monster, Tom! Look, I know you have some issues and everyone has their secrets, You don't have to tell me what they are but can you trust me to take care you? Please stay with me, we can be a real family if you want?"

Not wanting Edd to be suspicious of Tom, he reluctantly agreed to come back.

"Can...."

Edd looks down at him and he got more nervous.

"Can we really.....", his eyes shine brightly.

"Be a family?", he whispers hopefully.

Edd smiled warmly and nods. Tom grasps his sleeve and they continued to walk to the car. 

"Wait, can I go get my things?"

"Yes, of course!"

Once inside the car, they drive home.

"Tom, not sure if you have everything."

"I do, I didn't have much."

"I know you didn't have breakfast, so I put the leftovers in the fridge. I hope you like French toast and hash browns!"

"Uh....yeah...."

"You don't sound enthusiastic."

"I haven't had a proper meal in years...."

"Oh right....that reminds me...I need to take you to the doctors.....who knows what you have!"

Tom lowered his head in shame. Edd realizes his mistake and tries to correct it.

"I'm sorry Tom, I didn't mean it in a bad way.....I was worried about your health is all."

Tom looks up solemnly and with a tiny smile. Edd felt sad at this.

"That's okay....I understand....."

Edd sighs, this will be a long day.

------------------------------------------------------

It's short, but so is Tom. Anyways, how do you think they should meet Matt?

Bye~