Chapter 4

Inside the bathroom, Tom locks the door as he turns the lights on. When he sees how dirty he looks, he's surprised Edd didn't spray him with the hose outside in the back. He frowns and take the tattered clothes he wore and tosses them on the floor.

Realizing how awkward it is to be naked in a strangers bathroom has him covering himself slightly.

"I need to hurry.....", he murmurs.

He turns to check and make sure he locked the door before stepping towards the bath. The bathroom is big enough take up a room and a half. Tom took a second to decide between a shower and a bath. The shower won.

He turned the head on and waited for it to heat up. While he felt bad about using someone else's stuff, but he did get permission to use the soap and shampoo. Once the shower was ready and the temperature adjusted, he got in.

"Hey Tom, I have the clothes ready! They'll be by the door okay? Good night!", Edd knocked on the door.

"Okay! Night Edd.", Tom responded.

The water felt nice against his body, he smiled slightly and began rinsing off the foam. The shampoo had a honey scent to it, he liked it. When he looked down, he notice had dirty the water got as it went down the drain.

"Wow....I'm gross....", he whispered to himself.

When the shower was done, he stepped out and dried himself carefully. Then he glided to the door and unlocked it. Barely opening it, he grabbed the clothes laid out for him by Edd.

A large, long sleeve shirt that shows how small and thin he is and sweat shorts.

"Okay....I guess I'll go to bed now...which room again? Let me see...."

Tom put the dirty rags in the hamper and exited the bathroom. The lights were all off and Tom quickly adjusted to the dark. Almost like night vision.

He thought back to lunch.....Dinner? and what Edd said.

"He never said which was his room, but I do know his art studio is next to the bath room."

Tom decided that Edd would pick the last room to be his bedroom and that the doors on the right were the spare rooms. The last door on the left is a mystery.

Tom took the middle door on the right and locked it. It was a plain room with no one occupying it until he showed up.

---------------------------------

Middle of the night....

Tom tossed and turned in his sleep, he would grimace and frown. Tears would swell and drop a cold sweat. 

Suddenly, he sat up at a pinching pain in his chest. It ached and lingered, so he muffled his scream as he hunched over and shakes violently. Finally it all stopped.

He limped over to the full body mirror that stood tall next to the closet door. His eyes widened in fear at what he saw.

 His eyes widened in fear at what he saw

"No....not now....I thought I had more control....I-I.....Sniff"

Tears began to stain his face as he quietly opened the window and left. He ran with all he had as his emotions made him transform further. Once he made it back to his tree burrow, he curled up into a ball and cried himself to sleep.

Tom has another side to him, he can turn into a monster. He doesn't like thinking about the past so he doesn't talk about it. He's learned to control he shape shifting to some extents but some times he gets overwhelmed and lose it slightly.

---------------

Edd woke up late morning and walked down the hall way. He didn't know which room Tom picked to sleep in so he went straight down stairs and began to make breakfast, by the time he finished he figured that Tom would have come down by now there's no sign of him.

"Tom?"

Edd goes up stairs and knocks on each door and waits, but each time no one answers. He starts to worry.

When he opened the door to the middle room he sees that the beds been messed up and the window was open. He frowned and wondered why he left and when?

-------------

BYE~~~