Chapter 3

Sariya | Saturday — 5:14 am (an hour behind now)

Sariya yawned as she stretched in the back of the Uber, looking around as she passed the familiar sites. She was on her way to her parents house at first, but decided she'd much rather stay in a hotel. She didn't have time for the nagging and constant questions about her life. She was here for her sister, to relax, and see some of her old high school friends. Not her parents.

The Uber pulled in front of the four seasons and she thanked her before getting out and grabbing her luggage from the trunk. She grabbed her phone and left a 200 dollar tip, waving bye as she walked into the hotel dragging her Louis Vuitton luggage behind her, that she actually got from her parents for Christmas.

The thought of her anger towards her parents and still using their gifts made her chuckle slightly as she walked to the front desk.

"Hello ma'am how may I help you?" The receptionist asked as she smiled widely.

"Hi," Sariya smiled back. "Yes I'm here to check in for my room. My name is Sariya July."

The receptionist eyes widened slightly before she nodded quickly and typed her name into the computer.

"Yes Ms. July we were expecting you, the housekeeper just left a gift basket in your room to welcome you to our hotel from our staff. Would you still like to keep your being here private?"

Sariya nodded. "Yes absolutely."

"Okay well here is your room key to the presidential suit, and I hope you enjoy your time with us again."

Sariya smiled and reached into her pocket grabbing a hundred dollar bill and handing it to her. "Thank you sweetheart, it's always a pleasure staying here."

The receptionist blushed and grabbed the money, passing over the key card. Sariya just laughed softly and let the bellboy grab the luggage, following after him.

I bet your all wondering why she's being treated like this.

Sariya's parents were very wealthy and owned pretty much all of Houston,Texas. Her father was the CEO of one of the top water filter company's in Texas, and her mother was the first black woman and democrat to be consistently re-elected as one of the senators of Texas. So you could say her roots ran deep into the Texas soil, and you would be absolutely right. Here she was practically a princess, and she absolutely hated it so she took the first chance she had and ran. She went to Harvard, studied law, graduated top of her class, and moved to Durham, North Carolina. Now she was making a name for herself.

"Mama said your a pretty girl, what's in your head? It doesn't matter." Sariya sang as she entered her hotel room and placed the do not disturb sign on the door and closed it behind her. She yawned again and stretched before walking towards the window and opening the blinds. Her eyes landed on the city of Houston and she smiled placing her hand on the window.

"Always so beautiful." She whispered to herself as she zoned out.

" She whispered to herself as she zoned out