CHAPTER 10

"We were able to track down a few locations where they are keeping people locked up. We were also able to dig up a huge list of all their customers who partake in the illegal auctions." Namjoon explained to Jungkook over the phone. Today was a very cal day. The store was closed so Jungkook took this an opportunity to read on mind readers. His reading time as interrupted when the mind reader called him.

"Are we going to go to these locations?" Jungkook asked as he fiddled with the book in his hands.

"No, we are going to let the police take care of it." Jungkook sighed in relief. While he loved helping people, he didn't know if he was mentally ready to come face to face with the horrors that occurred in those buildings. "We also found emails between Jae-Seong and some person named doctor Y. Their emails are odd though. It seems like they are building something and I have a bad feeling about it." Namjoon shared making Jungkook close the book in his hands and frown.

"Are you okay? You're not overworking yourself, right?" Jungkook worriedly asked. His frown melted a bit at the sound of Namjoon's husky chuckle through the phone.

"Don't worry Sweetheart. I'm fine. Thanks for worrying." Jungkook blushed and softly smiled at the happiness in Namjoon's voice.

"No worries." Jungkook shyly replied back making the mind reader chuckle again at his adorableness.

"I have to go but I just want to warn you that Jin and Hoseok are coming over to your shop. The two are still worried about the poison and want to stay with you to make sure that you're okay." Namjoon warned, his amusement obvious.

"Thanks for the heads up," Jungkook answered with a slight giggle in his voice. He could feel the familiar feelings of butterflies in his stomach at Namjoon's words. Having somebody worry over him felt so foreign and it was such a nice feeling.

Jungkook hung up on Namjoon after thanking him once more and started to get ready. He took the book that he was reading and put it on a special shelf that was a bit hidden. The book contained information on all the different powers available and it had 20 pages only on mind readers. It was the only book Jungkook found that contained detailed information on how to block one's thoughts from a mind reader. I'll practice tonight.

Jungkook made his way downstairs to the shop and waited for the others to arrive by doing a few chores. He was cutting off the thorns on a pack of new roses when he heard the familiar bickering.

"What do you mean you don't think I'm the most handsome person??!!! Have you seen me?! Are you blind?!" Jin's outraged voice screeched as he opened the door and walked into the store.

"You're very handsome! You're just not my type. I like my men cuter." Hoseok retorted back, his bright smile on display. He winked at Jungkook at the end of his answer making Jungkook blush and Jin was about to continue his rant when Jungkook cut him off.

"Don't worry Jin. I think you are very handsome."

"Thank you Jungkookie. At least SOMEBODY here has working eyes." Jin huffed as he made his way to Jungkook. Hoseok merely shook his head and lightly laughed at the elder's antics.

"How are you Kookie?" Hoseok asked as he stood in front of Jungkook and brushed his hair away from his eyes, trying to discreetly see if he had a fever. Hoseok sneaky ways were noticed by the healer who blushed at the gentle attention.

"I'm good!" Jungkook cheerfully answered. He waited for the other two to say something but they merely looked at him with a gaze that made his insides all soft.

They stood there in silence for a bit. Jin had his arm around Jungkook's waist and he traced patterns on his back. Hoseok was playing with Jungkook's soft hair.