CHAPTER 18

Namjoon looked at the ceiling of the bedroom. He sighed as he looked at the time. He had been trying to sleep for the last 3 hours but he couldn't seem to put his mind at rest. Memories and flashes from that day kept popping up every time he closed his eyes and he was just so tired. It felt like forever since that day but only a month has passed.

Namjoon groaned as he got out of bed and decided to walk around. He could feel the sleeping minds of all of the others except for Yoongi, but this was unsurprising. Yoongi had been unable to sleep and it came to the point that at the end of every week, Namjoon forcefully put his mind to rest.

Namjoon walked in the middle of the night, breathing in the cold air and listening to the echoes of the town. After a while, he found himself in a park and sat down on a bench. He briefly acknowledged how cold he was but he found comfort in the pain. Everything felt so numb lately, that any sort of feeling gave him comfort.

Namjoon watched as his breath could be seen in the cold air and as he put his hands in his pockets, he felt the familiar piece of paper. Unable to help himself, he brought out the papers and read them once more.

Dear Namjoon, Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung,

I am so sorry for what I am about to do but I have no choice. This is what my life is about, this is what I was destined to do. As a healer, my whole life purpose was to heal, to help. My life has never been my own and I accepted that I was proud of that, but then I got to know you.

You taught me joy. You taught me what it's like to have somebody care for you, love you in a way that felt foreign. Even my mentor who I know loved me and cared for me, he put his duty before anything else. But you never did. You put me first and for the first time, I wanted to live for myself. I never questioned the lessons I was taught but now that I know you, now that I know love, everything seems to fall apart.

I want to live. I want to fight. I want to be with you for as long as possible. I love you all, but it is because I love you that I need to do this.

In this envelope, you will find another paper. This page comes from one of the books that I ripped out because it holds the truth. I was born for this moment and I need to do follow through.

I love you, my Loves. Mes Amours. I will forever protect you and I will forever be there with you. Thank you for giving me a glimpse of life, a glimpse of love.

Yours truly,

Jungkook

Namjoon reread this again and again. He had memorized the letter by heart at this point but he couldn't stop himself. Tears went down his face but he ignored them. He carefully folded the letter and brought out the fucking page that ruined everything.

There is only one way to prevent such a thing to happen: a healer born with a coy fish surrounding the lily pad has the potential to heal the darkness and sickness emerging from gate to purgatory...

CAUTION: this healer will succumb to an endless sleep as their body forever fights the darkness it absorbs...

Namjoon squeezed the paper and threw it to the ground with hatred. He took a deep breath and stared at the lake in front of him. He doesn't know how long he stayed there, but by the time he broke out of his daze, the sun was rising. The view was so beautiful and Namjoon smiled softly at the sight. Jungkook always loved sunrises...

"NAMJOON!" The mind reader jumped at the scream. He turned around to see Hoseok running towards him. He was out of breath, sweat covering his body, but what took Namjoon aback was the burning hope in his eyes. Namjoon waited with bated breath as Hoseok finally reached him and opened his mouth to say words he never expected to hear. "A healer was born today."