A World Apart

"One. Two. Three and Four. Five. Six. Seven and Eight. Good job everyone" 

.....

I had been a trainee for a while.

After my high school I pursued the kpop industry and if it doesn't work out I'll be majoring in arts. Everything's been working well. I transferred as a trainee from one entertainment to RBW.

I was exiting the building after practice to grab some food when I felt my phone vibrates. 

*buzz* *buzz* 

"Hello?"

"Wheein! I'm so bored, come play with me."

"I'm hungry. I'll grab some food and I'll be there." 

As I hang up. 

Few minutes later...

*knock* *knock* *knock*

The door opened.

"How are you feeling Hyejin?" I asked as the door opened.

Hyejin smiled while wrapped in a blanket.

"Bored." she said

She was running a fever a couple days ago so I got her food. It's amazing how I end up in the same company as my childhood friend and will be debuting in the same group if everything goes well.

We sat down and ate when suddenly...

"Wheein! I almost forgot. There's a group who just debut. I've been watching it for a while and I know you haven't been listening to any new groups. Let me play it so we can watch it together."

I was picking on all the side dishes and munching the food away while she was trying to setup the video. 

As soon as she played it, it started off with a school bus with boys getting out of it one by one followed by their stage name introduction. 

My mouth was full of food when the fifth member was suddenly introduced. I suddenly choked on my food while watching the video. I stood up and ran to the bathroom. 

Hyejin followed me and asked, "Hey, are you alright?"

I swallowed the food that was in my mouth and took a deep breath and answered her, "Yeah, I'm alright. I just swallowed the food wrong." 

"Okay. I have bottled water in the fridge if you needed it." 

"Thank you." I replied back. 

I sat on the toilet while trying to catch my breath. My heart keeps thumping while my brain is going awry. 

I stood up and paced back and forth to calm myself.

What was that? I didn't know he's pursuing the same industry as I am. Well it's not like you talk to him during your school days. 

I snapped back to reality when Hyejin called me again. "Wheein! Are you sure you're alright?" 

I opened the door and looked at her. 

There was a moment of silence when suddenly she burst out laughing. 

"You should see your face. You look so red right now." as she continued to stop herself from laughing.

"You knew didn't you?" I asked her.

"How would I not. He's all you were thinking about for a while in school. I was surprised too when I watched the video. I knew you still like him." she said.

I smacked her jokingly while started to feel hot from embarrassment. 

"Come on. Let's finish watching it." as she grabbed my hand and walked back to the living room. 

She played the video from the beginning. My eyes were glued to the screen and I know Hyejin keeps stealing glances at me to see my reaction. 

After that night I went home. As soon as I got to my bed. I started staring into space. I played the music video on my phone again and again and again. 

What is this feeling...

Oh I know...

It's the same feeling the first time I ever saw you. 

I took a picture of you... It was really blurry that time.

But then again, I'm staring on the screen looking at you.  

It feels like you're on a complete different world...

As I fell asleep with the video paused with you in it. 

A/N: I haven't updated for a few days. It's been busy at work since it's the holiday season. I hope you enjoy and keep supporting me by reading the story. Thank you!