A Message Away pt. 1

*ping*

..........

*ping*

"Good job everyone!" Moonbyul said

"Good job!" I said back as I flopped down the floor after rehearsing for the day and trying to come up with new choreography.

I stared on the ceiling for a solid minute while the others sat down, drank water and chat. It's been three months since I emceed and for the first few weeks I was expecting a message from him but never did got one. I gave up half way since I'm not able to send one myself anyways.

We're so busy and I bet they are too.

I got up and went to check my phone.

I got a message, unknown number?  I guess it's another spam. I opened it anyways and it read:

Hey Wheein! How are you? I hope you're still using this number. I changed mine recently. Sorry I didn't get in touch with you for months. We've been busy. We're releasing an album next month. Before we get super crazy promoting, I hope you still wanted to get some lunch some time before that.

The message ended, I'm confused. It did say my name on it so it should be someone I know. 

There was a second message from the same number so I opened it and it said:

PS. This is Kim Taehyung. Sorry I forgot to tell you on my first message.

I think my mind was hyperventilating itself. I read it the second time... a third time... I didn't even hear my members calling me until Solar grabbed me by my shoulder and said. 

"Wheein! You okay? You look paler than normal."

I looked at her and I said "Yeah I am."

"We're heading out to eat, you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah" I uttered. "Let me get my things."

All throughout the night I barely kept up with our conversation.

As soon as I got home, I lied down on my bed. Staring on my phone...

I kept tossing and turning not knowing what to respond.

I threw my phone on the bed and grabbed a pillow while covering my head and squealing. I can hear my heart beating so loud.

I picked up my phone and opened the message again.

We've been doing well. How are you? I think I can free up some time next week. Do you have any time that week?

And sent. 

I threw my phone again and started squeezing my pillow. I can feel myself burning from embarrasment.

*ping*

I grabbed my phone and he sent me a reply

I have to checked with J-Hope if he's available. I'll let you know.

I scrolled back to my message. Oh my god, I forgot this is a friendly meet with him, me, J-Hope and Moonbyul. 

I'm over the clouds now I looked like someone expecting a date.

I hit reply again and said...

Yeah, I will double check with Moonbyul as well just in case. Just let me know.

He didn't message me back for  a few minutes. Did it come out awkward? Should I message him again? I better not. 

*ping*

Do you know where you want to eat?

... I should keep my answers short or else I might message something else.

I don't know. Do you have any recommendation?

He didn't message me again for a solid minute.

*ping*

This time it didn't say anything but it was a picture of him in front of a restaurant.

*ping*

How about this one? They have awesome meat but not too expensive. 

I almost scream from his message. I immediately saved his photo. I jumped out of bed and started pacing myself. I don't know if I can handle anymore conversation.

*ping*

Are you still up? 

*ping*

Sorry I didn't mean to impose. If you wanted another place that's fine with me too. 

I ran to the bathroom and immediately washed my face. Yup I'm awake, this is not a dream. 

Next thing I know I heard my phone ringing. 

I bet it's Hyejin... why does she call me always in the middle of the night. 

I ran back to my bedroom and answered the phone without paying attention.

"Hyejin!" I exclaimed "Why do you always call late at night?" I asked

There was a long pause. "Hyejin?" I asked again

Since she was not answering, I was about to hang up when...

"Hi Wheein, sorry. Did I bother you?" it's a man's voice.