Chapter 12

I tried to stop myself from being affected by his confession. It was so unromantic and it caught me off-guard when he said those words. Really? Confessing in an arcade? With noisy teens and people who's watching us as he tightened his embrace at me.

But no matter how hard I tried to suppress my emotions, I can't deny the fact that my heart began to beat so loud which made me afraid that it might went out of my chest. The beating is a bit painful and I have to inhale deeply to ease the pain.

Hunter really has a great effect on me. Just by his words and he can sway my heart like this. Hindi na sumasakit ang puso ko dahil sa panloloko ni Joshua, sumasakit na ito sa pagtibok dahil sa sinabi nya sa akin. And I wasn't expecting him to say that in the first place!

I mean, I thought that he was just a crazy stalker who's following me to annoy my day and because he's just bored! I never expected him to develop feelings for me! Ilang beses lang ba kaming nag usap noon? Then he'll tell me that he loves me?

I guess that he's really crazy, huh?

Ever since the day of his confession, I began to feel awkward around him. I was concious with myself everytime that he's near. Palagi ko ring tinitignan ang mukha ko sa salamin if I still look fresh. It wasn't like I have feelings for him too. Ayoko lang na ma-turn off sya sa akin.

Wait, why would I want him not to get turned off with me? This is insane! Nahahawa na yata ako kay Hunter sa pagkabaliw nya!

And all that I think about is him for like everyday! Kahit na wala sya sa tabi ko. Even before I go to sleep! He's all that I think about! I was getting suspicious if he said those words just to annoy me even when he is not around.

So when Zuri invited me to go with her for a makeover before their wedding of my Kuya Helios, I said yes. I just want to get Hunter out of my freaking mind! It seems like he's invading both my mind and my soul and I'm scared that he's winning at this!

I smiled as I look at Zuri in the mirror. Magkakatabi kami ni Daphne at Zuri dito sa may salon. Daphne decided to dye her hair red while Zuri and I both decided that we'll get a haircut.

I'm beyond happy na nagkaayos na sina Kuya Helios at Zuri. Sobrang saya namin lalo na nang ibinalita ni Kuya na ikakasal na sila ni Zuri. At minamadali nya ang preparation ng kasal. Maybe he's afraid that Zuri might leave him again. I never thought that I'll ever see my ruthless brother getting nervous just because of a woman.

"Oh my god! Ang ganda ganda mo, Daphne!" I squealed when I saw the finished product of her hair. Gone the Miss Prim and Proper now. Siguro kung may makakakita sa kanyang ka-batchmate namin nung college, for sure they'll be flabbergasted. Well, she's beautiful even before but she changed. And Daphne really changed for good.

That's why Apollo wasn't able to move on from her kahit five years na ang lumipas. It's his fault why Daphne left him in the first place. Kung hindi ba naman sya isang malaking tanga at pinagsalitaan ng ganoon ang love of his life nya, then baka kinasal na sila, matagal na.

And it seems like my idiotic and jerk twin brother is so desperate na. Pinaniwala ba naman ang sinabi kong ikakasal na si Daphne kay Loki. Then he blackmailed Daphne para umatras sya sa kasal. He's so tanga talaga. I can't believe that his my twin.

The three of us says compliment to one another like there's no tomorrow after that make over. Well, we are three gorgeous women anyway. Kahit ubusin namin ang mga compliment words, for sure that it won't be enough.

"You're prettier Zuri. You managed to steal the heart of my ruthless brother." I said when we went out of the shop.

"Ikaw talaga, Artemis." sabi ng bestfriend ko. "You're the prettiest. Every male species in our university back then wanted to court you. I hear your name in every corner. Kahit sa mga babae. Hindi lang sila makaporma because of Apollo."