Chapter 47

I'm not doing it. That was my answer to Loki's question but my mouth kept close. I should've told him my answer right away but there's something in me that's saying I should listen to his offer first.

But I know, whatever reason or offer he'll give me, I'll just end up in a very dangerous situation.

"No." I finally answered. "I want Hunter to be free on this game that's why I'm talking to you right now. Kapag pumayag ako sa gusto mo, ako naman ang makakasali sa game ninyo."

Loki softly chuckled. Wala namang nakakatawa sa sinabi ko so I don't know why he's even laughing. Is he really mocking me? Simula nang mag usap kami ay parang hindi nya sineseryoso ang lahat ng mga sinasabi ko.

I really wanted to end our conversation but I still haven't found a way yet on how to free Hunter to this stupid game. Alam kong hindi maghahanap ng paraan si Hunter para makaalis sa laro. My brothers were right. He is too loyal. Hindi nya iiwanan ang mga ka-teammates nya especially that his brother is still in the game.

So I will find a way out for him. At kung kinakailangan na lumuhod ako sa harapan nya para mapapayag syang umalis sa laro ay gagawin ko.

"You will be a bait, Artemis. Just be the bait like a pawn. If I let you in the game and be an actual pawn, you will be the first one to die." sabi ni Loki na natatawa pa. "Ikaw ang ipapain namin para mapalabas ang Rook."

My forehead creased. "I don't know who the Rook is. I only saw him in the picture." Kaya paano ko mapapalabas ang Rook?

"But you know his brother." Loki leaned and picked up the enemy's pawn piece. "That pawn is obsessed with you."

Pawn? Si Joshua? I don't know what Loki's thinking. Joshua and I were casual now. I didn't even think that he's a part of the game as well! I mean beside his cheating issues, I know that he's actually a good man. Kaya hindi ko alam kung saan makakarating ang pag uusap naming ito ni Loki.

"We broke up years ago." I said. My frown isn't leaving my face.

"You see, that pawn is still very much inlove with you. Sooner or later, he'll contact you again. And that's when you will act as the bait."

"Hindi kita maintindihan, Loki."

"The Red Faction's Rook has also taken an interest in you, Artemis. He discovered that you are the weakness of Tracer who he'll use you against him. Ang pawn ang kakausap sayo since you two were ex-lovers before. Gagamitin nya ang pinagsamahan nyo para mapapayag kang sumama sa kanya. They will abduct you, Artemis."

I closed my eyes tight while trying to digest his words. I feel like my mind is spinning round and round. I really don't get what he's trying to say. All I know is that he wants to use me as a bait.

He said that Joshua will contact me soon and that's because of his brother that wants to abduct me. They found out that I am Hunter's weakness. They already knew that I am his woman kaya gagamitin nila ako laban sa kanya.

And I know that if something happens to me, it will be a fatal blow for Hunter. Noon pa lang na nasaksak ako ay tatlong taon na kaming hindi nagkita. I'm afraid na baka kapag mas malala pa ang mangyari ay tuluyan na kaming hindi magkikita.

"Don't worry, the Rook won't hurt you." said Loki who's probably reading what's on my mind. "The Pawn will protect you against him."

I stared at Loki. "How did you know about this?"

I mean he's saying these things like he's really sure na mangyayari nga talaga ang sinasabi nya. He looked confident with every word that's coming out from his mouth. Mukhang lahat ay nakaplano na sa isip nya. At mukhang inaasahan nya na rin na lalapit ako sa kanya para kay Hunter.