Chapter 26

It was a good thing that Hunter is willing to show his vulnerable side to me. I can feel the pain and fear that he's trying to hide whenever I'm holding his shaking hands. At sa mga pagkakataong iyon ay hindi ko maiwasang masaktan para sa kanya.

He must've experienced something painful and traumatic before for him to react this way. I don't have any idea what it was but I will do everything so he could open up to me. In that way, I can help him more.

I want to know more about him. At kahit ano pa iyon, alam kong mamahalin ko pa rin sya.

I couldn't believe that I'll be able to love this way. Hindi ko alam na mas may kaya pa pala akong ibigay. I thought all my love were drained after my breakup with Joshua but it seems like I love Hunter way more than the love that I gave to Joshua. Ang akala ko ay hindi ko na makakayang magmahal at magtiwala ulit. Pero binago ni Hunter ang akala kong iyon.

And I'm glad that he did.

They say that you'll fall inlove with the right person at an unexpected time. And you will love the one more than the past relationships that you had.

I wasn't even planning to fell inlove after the break up. My plan was to fix and love myself first bago ako magmahal ulit. 'Cause I was afraid that if I didn't do that, I wouldn't be able to gave my whole heart to my next relationship.

But Hunter got through to me. His love got through to me. Araw-araw ba naman nyang ipinaparamdam sa akin ang pagmamahal nya. What kind of girl wouldn't be affected by his words and moves? Lalo pa at ramdam na ramdam ko ang sincerity nya.

He did all of that without asking for anything. He just want to help me with his love. At hindi ko alam kung anong kabutihan ba ang ginawa ko sa past life ko para matanggap ang ibang klaseng pagmamahal nya.

Ano bang ginawa ko para sa kanya? Wala. Tinarayan ko lang sya at tinaboy pero hindi pa rin sya sumuko.

So this time, I wanted to do something for him. If he's broken, then I will help him pick up his pieces. I will be his source of strength. I will breathe for him. I will live for him.

And as we looked together at the starry night sky, with a very bright full moon illuminating us, I asked for a guidance so they could help me with Hunter. If the goddess of the hunt and moon really gave him his life, then please give him the light that he needs to see.

"This is our last full moon."

His raspy voice was heard when he spoke. I closed my eyes and feel him brushing my hair with his fingers. May lalo pa akong nagsumiksik sa dibdib nya.

We were both lying on the sofa that's here in the deck of his yacht. Ginagamit kong unan ang braso nya habang ang isa ay nakayakap sa bewang ko. His head is on top of mine and I can feel him giving my hair a kiss from time to time.

We were staring at the bright full moon above us. There were a lot of stars and I could see all the constellations that I know. From the Big Dipper to the Little Dipper, Andromeda, Cassiopeia, Ursa Minor... I can see them all. At napapangiti na lang ako kapag may bago akong constellations na nakikita.

"This isn't the last. There will be so many full moons to come that we can watch together." I said and stretch out my hand to the moon. I pretended that I was grasping it and gigled when I couldn't take it.

It's really pretty... Yet mysterious.

Just like the man here beside me.

I still see him as a mysterious man since hindi pa ganoong kadami ang alam ko sa kanya. Bilang na bilang pa nga. And yet, I feel like Hunter knows more things about me. Kahit nga ang hindi ko pagkain ng scallops ay alam nya.

But he isn't like the moon that I couldn't grasp and touch. Dahil ngayon ay nagagawa kong yakapin sya.

I was hugging his ripped body and his body heat is helping me against the cold air. I could feel almost all of his sexy muscles with his plain white tshirt na favorite ko.

"I thought that this will only happen in my dreams. Staring at the full moon while hugging you."

Tumingala ako sa kanya. His handsome face illuminated by the moonlight looks so unreal. Kinailangan ko pang hawakan ang mukha nya at haplusin para malaman na totoo ang nasa harapan ko.

I caressed his defined jawline. "But this is reality..." I whispered. Hinuli nya ang kamay kong humahaplos sa mukha nya at dinala sa mga labi nya para halikan.

"Thank you. You're truly a goddess who can make my dreams come true."

I smiled and chuckled afterwards. There he goes again. Saying sweet words that can make my heart beats faster and faster. Inilapat ko ang kamay ko sa dibdib nya at ganoon din palang kabilis ang tibok ng puso nya.

I stared at his gray eyes. Hinding-hindi talaga ako magsasawa sa kulay abo nyang mga mata. I wanted to memorize how it could get darker and darker with each second.

Those eyes that made him looked more mysterious.

"Hunter?" I called him even if he's already staring at me.

"Hmm?"

Bahagya akong dumapa at ipinatong ang baba ko sa may dibdib nya. His hands rested on my back.

"Can I ask you personal questions?"

"Of course."

I licked my lower lip. I decided to ask him now. Alam kong hindi na ako magkakaroon ng ibang pagkakataon kapag bumalik na kami sa isla. Baka hindi na kami mapag isa lalo na kapag nasa Manila na kami.

"What happened to your parents?" I asked and he seemed stunned because of that question. I can even feel the tension in his body.

My heart pounded as I waited his answer. I brace myself. Hinanda ko ang sarili ko kung sakali mang tanggihan nyang sagutin ang tanong ko. But I also prepared myself for whatever's I'm about to hear.

He looked like he wasn't expecting me to ask that question so suddenly. Nakaawang ang mga labi nya habang nakatingin sa akin. His gray eyes widened by my question. Mukha rin syang natigilan sa paghinga.

"It's okay if you don't want to answer it." I said 'cause I don't want to pressure him. I am so curious but I don't want him to feel uncomfortable. "Nanay Flor just mentioned to me before that your parents were already... Gone. At first I thought that they had a natural death but Creed said something to me that made me think that there's more into it."

Naging malikot ang mga mata nya. Palipat-lipat ang tingin noon sa dalawang asul na mga mata ko. I don't know what he's thinking. He wasn't showing any reaction.

"Nanay Flor also mentioned na palagi ka na rin umaalis ever since your parents died." pagpapaliwanag ko pa. "Is that also why it took years kapag nagpapakita ka sa akin? Why are you always leaving—"

"I'm looking for the person who killed my parents."

It was my turn para matigilan. His words shocked me! Ang dami kong naisip na dahilan kung bakit sya umaalis but not this one!

Nakita siguro ni Hunter and pagkagulat sa mukha ko. He tried to smile but it was mixed of bitterness. His gray eyes were full of anger as he looked at me. It made me feel that there's a big storm coming as I looked at those gray orbs. His jaw were even clenching indicating that he's really mad right now.

Naghalo-halo ang mga emosyon sa mga mata nya ngayon. Pain, hatred, hurt. But I almost cried when I also saw his agony there.

His eyes were red because of his unshed tears. At hindi ko nakayanan ang isiping sobrang syang nasasaktan ngayon.

My tears fell when he spoke again.

"My parents were killed, Artemis. They were murdered. And I'm looking for the killer to make him pay for what he did."