Epilogue

The moon gave me a second life.

That's what my Mom always tells me. She named me as "Hunter" for the reason that she prayed to Artemis, the Greek Goddess of the Moon, to gave me life as I was declared dead when she gave birth to me. I didn't take it seriously. For me, my Mom was just being a fan of Greek Mythology again.

I don't really care though. At least, she gave me a name.

"Hunter Chase, promise me that you'll always worship the Goddess of the Moon. You owe her your life." My mom said while we're here at the veranda and staring at the full moon.

Have she gone mad?! What was my mother thinking? I was alive because I am meant to live! I am meant to see this world!

"Spin the chain, Hunter Chase! Spin the poi like it's part of your body!" Mom said. She's teaching me how to fire dance!

My Mom is crazily into Greek Myth! Kaya kahit nasusunog na ang balat ko sa pagtama ng apoy sa katawan ko ay patuloy pa rin sya sa pagtuturo. She wants me to firevdance under the full moon every year as an act of worshipping the Goddess of the Moon!

I am starting to hate the moon and the name Artemis! Kapag may nakilala akong Artemis, I swear, I'll let her suffer more than me!

Worship the Goddes of the moon my ass.

My Mom was obsessed with the myth along with Sapphire Gallagher. Thus, Helios and I became best of friends because of our parents. Or rather, they forced us to befriend one another since we're almost the same age.

"Mom named the twins as Artemis and Apollo. Just like the olympian twins in greek mythology." said the ten-year old Helios one day when he came here in the states. I laughed and continued reading the business report father told me to study.

"That's the worst thing. We can't choose for our names." I said. Isinarado ko na ang folder dahil mas masayang kausap ang kaibigan ko. Nawawala ang boredom ko. He rarely visits me here though.

"If heavens allow it, I bet they would build their own Mount Olympus and Underworld because of how obsessed they are with the myth." Helios said and I could see the distaste in his face. I smirked and what Mom always said suddenly crossed my mind.

Goddess of the Moon... Artemis, huh?

Most of the time, I was with Dad in the states looking after the branch of our business here. He said that I'll inherit our business so he's training me, kahit maaga pa, para mas magamay ko ang pagpapatakbo sa kumpanya.

But it turns out that the business wasn't the only one I'm going to inherit. As he will pass down his position as the EL Ordre's Rook to me.

That turned my life three hundred sixty degrees completely. My parents were a pieces from a human chess game. Means that they killed people. My Mom who was a fanatic of Greek mythology already killed a person? How does she did it? By praying to the gods and goddesses?

And so, my father also trained me how to become a proper Rook.

"Who are they?" I asked Helios when I saw his wallpaper on his laptop screen. But judging by their blue eyes, I could clearly see that they are the Gallagher twins.

"That's Artemis and Apollo." he answered and I frowned.

"Diba dapat ang wallpaper mo ay ang fiancee mo?"

I saw the emotion on his face vanished just by the mention of that word. I chuckled and stared at the girl on the picture. She could catch the eyes of anyone.

Even if I'm just starting at the picture, I could feel the warmth from her alluring blue eyes, and the joy in her smile could take away all the problems in me.