Escape

(This chapter has been edited and revised)

Before we begin the chapter, I just want to thank you all for the support on this book! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! It makes me so happy!

Also, we reached 1k reads! So thank you!

Hope you enjoy~

________________________________________________________________

"How could you," Natsu took out his sword and pointed it at Lord Sting, "How dare you betray the King," He glared at him with so much hate and disgust.

"How could I?" Sting cackled, "The King wasn't right for this kingdom," My sobs quickened when he pushed Father's almost lifeless body with his foot.

He was still breathing, but barely...

I don't know how long Father will last...but please bare with it...

"He's worthless and weak," He continued, his voice full of venom, "While I on the other hand..." His eyes turned dark with madness, "Am strong and will make for much a better King!"

Natsu clenched his teeth, "Your a traitor! Nothing else."

"No, I'm the hero!" Sting spat back, "A hero for saving the kingdom from these worthless royals!" His turned to glare at me, "Especially from this spoiled brat who calls herself a princess."

My heart quenched at his words. Is that all he really thought of me...? Is that all I...am...? A...spoiled...brat...?

However, what he said angered Natsu, "Don't you dare insult the Princess," He growled, his expression full of pure anger, "NOW, LET HER GO!"

"Now why would I do that?" Sting smirked. He gave a nod to the men surrounding me. One of them harshly grabbed my arm and pulled me against him.

"Now..." Sting pointed towards the guard who grabbed me. I was pushed up against his chest and he was holding a knife to my throat, "If you want her...come and fight me," He whispered the part menacingly.

"Fine by me."

Just as Natsu was about to raise his sword, the guard who held me, tightened his grip almost like a choke hold, "Remember if you go for any of us guards, Lord Sting has commanded me to slit her throat."

The knife barely touched my neck, but I could feel the tip and I whimpered at the slight pain.

"Don't worry, Princess. I will get you out of here," Natsu told me gently while his eyes were still trained on Sting, "I promise."

His voice was gentle and soft, something I was not used to. But I nodded in response and told myself. We'll get out of this...we have to...

Natsu promised me.

Soon the clinking of swords was heard around the room. How I wish someone would come and help us...but like Sting said before, everyone seems to be on his side.

I closed my eyes with shame. How did I not see this before? Father was right about everything...

I watched in utter horror as the two men clunked swords. From experience of watching them fence all those times, I knew Natsu was much more skilled.