The Royal Guard

Hey everyone! So this chapter will be in Natsu's P.O.V. And it will all take place in the past, and will also be written in italics. If I do flashbacks or scenes from the past, it will most likely always be in italics.

However the book is mostly in Lucy's P.O.V, but there will be a few chapters with Natsu's P.O.V. But it won't happen a lot.

Enjoy the long chapter <3

__________________________________________________________

Natsu's P.O.V

I grew up in a small village on an island on the edge of the kingdom. I was found by the Master, Makarov, when I was only 6 years old. My father was the dragon Igneel, but he disappeared a few days before and I haven't seen him since.

It wasn't easy for me at first but I made friends and even felt accepted as the years went on. Makarov was like a grandfather to me and would always scold me when I called him by his name. It was also during the time I found Happy's egg and hatched him.

Eight years later, at the age of fourteen, I was requested to come to the palace of the King of Celestja, the Kingdom of the East and train to become one of his warriors. At first I was hesitant, but Master told me it was because the King learned of my fighting skills and hoped I would become someone .

Excited for a new adventure, I agreed and left the next day. It was sad to leave my friends, but I knew I would see them again. I was able to visit them every summer.

The journey too the palace a little less than a month, but it was worth it. The sights were beautiful, especially the sea...although that part was hard for me.

Once we reached the palace, I met the King. He was very kind and seemed to be loved by his people. Princess Lucy on the other hand, his ten year old daughter was a bit spoiled, but I suppose that's what happens when you grow up in a large palace and an only child.

But becoming a warrior wasn't going to be easy. I had to train with other boys from all different places. Most were of royal blood. It was difficult but I loved it.

The Princess and I barely got along. We'd fight and bicker over silly things, causing laughter by my fellow warriors to be and even the King. However, I soon became best friends with the young Lord Sting, who happened to be Princess Lucy's crush. The Princess was head over heals for him and he never even noticed!

I used to tease her about him all the time and it was hilarious to see her reaction! There were times that we did get along but mostly we got on each other's nerves!

Her father asked me multiples of time to become her guard but I kept on refusing,  wanting nothing to do with her.

But that changed...and it happened three years after I came to the palace.

It was a beautiful summer day, I was sitting alone on the palace balcony, enjoying the view of the mountains. Happy ditched me and went to visit Lector for a few days in their home. So I was alone and chilling quietly, until...

"Natsu!" A familiar old voice called me. I looked up from my seat on the balcony to see Master Makarov walking towards me. "Don't you have training right now?"