Our Journey Begins

The story is back in Lucy's point of view!

Enjoy <3

________________________________________________________________

We spent four days trudging through the forest. It rained almost every day and night. During sleep we'd huddle under a tree or in a cave to stay out of the warmth. I wasn't used to it all, and my back ached from sleeping on the hard dirt surface. For food, Natsu would hunt all different types of small animals, while Happy would hunt for fish every chance he got. It wasn't the best meal to have, especially for a Princess who grew up in a luxurious palace, but it's all we had. I just hope we'll end up passing a village nearby. The thought of even a simple room and cot was all I needed at the moment.

Even days were difficult for me, I'd have to stop every now and then to gain my footing. Every day, I'd stumble during our long hike through the forest, my feet aching in every step. But even through my clumsiness, Natsu never showed any sign of annoyance nor Happy.

"Where are we?" I ask when we reach a big clearing on the fourth day. We were in a clearing near a cliff overlooking the ocean.

"West of the Kingdom," Natsu replies, his right hand on his sword's hilt, "I think there is a village nearby but I am not sure."

"And where are we heading to now?" I question. Clearly he had a plan, by the way he was taking us.

"To my home village," He tells me, handing me some leftover meat from last night, "It will be our sanctuary for the time being until we will decide on what we will do concerning your safety."

"Is it safe?"

"Very much," He smiles softly, "Our island is well secluded and is protected with magic barriers. No one can go in or out unless permitted or part of the clan."

"I see," I take small bites of my meal, "How long will it take to arrive?"

"A little more than a month if we walk the whole time," Natsu responds while devouring his food, "But if we mannage to find horses or even a carriage, it will take less time. We'll have to look for lodging during our travel, but it will be tricky."

I nod and continue to eat.

"I found fish!" Happy suddenly flies into the clearing and lands beside me, "Enough to last for a few days!" His little black eyes brightening in excitement.

"Here let me cook them!" Natsu suggests, about to grab the fish.

"What?! No way!" Happy screams and holds the fish to his chest, "Their better eaten raw!"

"Not for me or the Princess," Natsu responds in a calm voice, "At least let us each have one and you can have the rest," He crosses his arm and gives Happy a look.

"Fine..." Happy grumbles, handing him two of the fish, sitting back down. He bit into one of his leftover fish in anger.

"Thanks, buddy!" Natsu grins.

"It's not like I had a choice," The poor cat huffs while rolling his eyes.

The day went on smoothly and soon we were back on the road. I had a cloak around my shoulders that Natsu found in the forest. It was black and covered most of my body. He insisted I wear the hood to hide my face. No one could know my identity, for now we knew who was our friend or who was our enemy. I was exhausted, the last two days tired me out immensely and I could barely walk.

A big stone stands in the middle of the road, causing me to fall clumsily onto the road. My left knee hits what seems to be a small pointy rock and I hiss in pain. Happy flies down and places his paw on my shoulder, "Lushie! Are you alright?"