Chapter 10 - Cell

The two Wen Sect disciples tried to take Wei Ying away but Lan Zhan stood in front of them.

Wen Chao raised his brow. "Looks like you wish to accompany your wife to jail. Suit yourself! Men, bring him too and follow me!"

Lan Zhan willingly went with them. Something in the jail scared Wei Ying and Lan Zhan wasn't going to let Wei Ying suffer alone.

Wen Chao threw them into the jail. "Enjoy yourselves while you can. If you are lucky enough to survive tomorrow, I'll let you off. I wonder what it'll be like coming back to find two dead bodies, or at least one with the other crying their hearts out at the loss of the other. Hah!" With that, Wen Chao kicked both of them in and locked the jail, then turned around and leave.

Wei Ying didn't open his eyes. Since they left the assembly area, Wei Ying kept his eyes shut and clung tightly onto Lan Zhan's arm, trembling and mumbling that he can't.

Lan Zhan kept trying to comfort Wei Ying. "It's fine, I'm here" Lan Zhan said repeatedly.

When they were thrown into the cell, Lan Zhan understood why Wei Ying was so afraid. Lan Zhan clenched his fist, thinking that the Wei Ying had to face this alone.

"Grrrr" A huge dog, bigger than the size of an adult elephant stood in the cell. It was drooling and looked excited to see food.

Wei Ying screamed after hearing the growl. He didn't need to look at the dog to remember what happened. Lan Zhan pulled Wei Ying into a hug, front to front. He pressed Wei Ying's head against his shoulders, trying to make Wei Ying feel safe.

The huge dog started making it's way towards them. Lan Zhan whispered "sorry", then knocked Wei Ying out with a hit at the back of his neck. He then placed Wei Ying at the corner of the cell and stood in front of Wei Ying.

The dog lunged at Lan Zhan. Lan Zhan tried his best, facing a huge, starving beast. His eyes shone hatred meant for Wen Chao who even dared to put his beloved in such a situation. He took it out on the dog, making sure it didn't even get close to Wei Ying.

Lan Zhan got bitten and flung around a few times, crimson red blood staining his white gown. He remembered Wei Ying returning bloodied and full of injuries, though it wasn't very obvious with his black and red robes.

Lan Zhan was getting tired facing this relentless beast. He continually stood in front of Wei Ying, determined not to let the knocked out Wei Ying get a single injury.

"Mmm... what?" Wei Ying said dazily as he woke up, rubbing the back of his neck which felt sore. He opened his eyes just to see the huge beast, biting Lan Zhan, then flinging him into a corner. His face paled. He then saw Lan Zhan immediately getting up and standing in front of him again.

Tears welled in Wei Ying's eyes. "Lan Zhan..." Wei Ying hated seeing Lan Zhan injured, all while protecting him. He hated that he couldn't do anything in this situation but tremble in fear.

This time Lan Zhan was flung towards Wei Ying. Wei Ying tried to ignore the presence of the beast and scrambled towards Lan Zhan. "Lan Zhan! Are you alright? You're hurt all over!"

Wei Ying saw the dog coming towards them. Despite how much Wei Ying was afraid of the dog, he sheltered Lan Zhan from the dog, back facing the dog.

When Wei Ying felt himself in the dog's mouth, he screamed. He was being flung around violently. The dog's teeth started sinking into his flesh which made Wei Ying screamed with all his might.

Lan Zhan trembled, trying to get up. He was already pushing his limits. He didn't have BiChen to handle this beast. Wei Ying was thrown towards another corner of the cell.

Before Lan Zhan could reach Wei Ying, the beast bit Wei Ying and flung him around again.

After a few flungs, 'swoosh' sounds were heard and the beast collapsed, with 3 moth needles sticking out from it's neck.

Lan Zhan scrambled to Wei Ying's side, hugging the trembling and crying Wei Ying.

"Wei... Wei GongZi" a hush whisper was heard.

"Wen Ning! That's right, Wen Ning came to help me!" Wei Ying said as he got up, and staggered over while helping Lan Zhan.

"Wen Ning!" Wei Ying exclaimed happily.

"Wei... Wei GongZi... here, take these medicines. It's made by my sister, it's really effective!" Wen Ning stammered.

"Thanks Wen Ning! This really helps a lot!" Wei Ying said, happy that the dog was no more and that he had these magical herbs made from the legendary Wen Qing again.

"Sorry... Wei GongZi, Lan GongZi..." Wen Ning said apologetically.

Wei Ying already knew why he felt this way. "Don't be, Wen Ning. It's not your fault at all. We'll be fine okay? Quickly return before someone sees you." Wei Ying said.

"... Alright... Take care Wei GongZi, Lan Er GongZi" Wen Ning stammered.

Wei Ying smiled at him and said "Thanks a lot, Wen Ning. I'll protect you and your sister this time."

Wen Ning was confused but he nodded his head and left. Wei Ying immediately turned his attention to Lan Zhan.

Wei Ying spared no time applying the herbs on Lan Zhan. Lan Zhan winced a bit as the herbs burned his skin, but felt better almost immediately as the herbs worked quickly and effectively.

"Lan Zhan... I'm sorry for dragging you into this." Wei Ying whispered, while applying the herbs.

Lan Zhan shook his head, meaning it's fine. It didn't matter much to him, being able to protect his Wei Ying this time. Lan Zhan reached his hand out towards the herbs. Wei Ying remembered what happened at XuanWu cave and immediately withdrew his hand.

Wei Ying knew what Lan Zhan was going to do. "Not this time, Lan Zhan. Your wounds... You have too many of them. Mine is nothing compared to yours... Really nothing..." Wei Ying said as he looked at all the wounds over Lan Zhan's fair skin. Wei Ying felt bad. "It's all for you, let me do this..."

Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying. Knowing Wei Ying will stubbornly insist, he leaned back and stared at Wei Ying. Slowly, Lan Zhan suddenly smiled. His smile grew wider and he actually let out a chuckle.

"What's wrong?" Wei Ying panicked. Even in his memory, it was rare for Lan Zhan to chuckle. "Have you gone mad from the dog bites?" Wei Ying frowned while panicking.

Lan Zhan gently smiled. "I protected you this time." Lan Zhan felt really good and happy about it. Pride was shown all over his face.

Lan Zhan had been feeling bad ever since the time where he couldn't prevent Wei Ying from getting hit at Wei Lan Town and got injured instead, forcing Wei Ying to carry him back.

Wei Ying stared in disbelief. He was hurt all over but still so proud over what he had done? Wei Ying loved this man.

"Haha, Lan Zhan, you're really unbelievable" Wei Ying say as he placed himself over Lan Zhan's lap and dived in for a kiss. Lan Zhan was a bit surprised, not expecting that, but immediately returned the kiss.

Gasping, Wei Ying pulled away. He pulled off Lan Zhan's forehead ribbon and leaned his forehead against Lan Zhan's. While his hand fiddled with Lan Zhan's forehead ribbon, Wei Ying said "Lan Zhan... I love you"

Lan Zhan immediately pushed his lips towards the lips inches away from him. "Wait! Wait!" Wei Ying shouted as he pulled away.

Lan Zhan frowned. Wei Ying saw and chuckled a little "Hold on Lan Zhan, i'm not done yet... I love you, Lan Zhan. I'm really grateful that you are here with me. Thanks, Lan Zhan. I really, really love you and appreciate you... I'm yours forever." Wei Ying confessed as he buried his head into Lan Zhan's shoulder.

Wei Ying wanted Lan Zhan to know that he loved him. He wanted to reassure Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan lifted Wei Ying's face. Under the moonlight that shone through a tiny window high up the cell, Lan Zhan saw Wei Ying blushing. This day couldn't get any better for Lan Zhan. "Wei Ying, I love you. We'll stay together forever." Lan Zhan whispered while smiling, taking his forehead ribbon from Wei Ying's hand and tying it around Wei Ying's forehead. "I'm yours too." Lan Zhan declared as he resumed their kiss.