1

"mommy i miss daddy"

"i know baby i know. i miss him too but we have to be supportive of him"

"is he gonna be home for my birthday?"

"i'm not sure wanna call him"

"yes please"

i facetime Daniel and wait for him to answer

it's been 6 years since me and Daniels  wedding and now we have a beautiful 4 year old daughter Lily

her and daniel are super close and it's so cool too see

when i was pregnant daniel was always worried that she wouldn't have a bond with him since he would be on tour a lot but that is not what it's like at all

every night we facetime him so they talk all the time and when he's not on tour he's always with us

it's really the ideal situation and i'm really happy with how it is

yeah i would absolutely love if he could just be home with us 24/7 but that's not realistic

Daniel answers the call and when he sees us he smiles

"hey guys"

"hi dani"

"is everything okay"

"yeah Lily just wanted to say hi"

"hi daddy. tomorrow's my birthday are you gonna be home"

"i'm sorry baby but we have a show tomorrow"

"aww man i wanted to spend the day with you"

"i'm so sorry. if we didn't have a show i would be home. ugh i'm so mad"

"hey dani it's okay she understands right baby. we can have a day just me and her"

"but we allllways have days just us. i want daddy"

"but he's away"

"can he come back. daddy please i miss you" she pouts and he sighs

"i miss you too princess but tomorrow's our last show and i'll see you the day after"

"but my birthdays tomorrow i gonna be 5 my whole hand. i'm gonna be a big girl and you're not even gonna see me"

"Lily don't make daddy feel bad. you know he wants to be with you but he can't."

"that's not fair."

"how about this. the day i come back we celebrate your birthday. we can have a day of just us and i'll give you all your gifts and everything that we would do normally"

"it's still not the same"

"Lily i'm trying to come up with a way to make this work and that's the only way i can."

"you're not trying hard enough" she pouts and walks away

i look over at daniel and he looks sad

"dont listen to her dani. she doesn't know what she's saying. she just misses you a lot and wants you home"

"but she needs to understand that i'm trying cause i am"

"i know you are. i'll talk to her. by the way i'm super excited that your tours over and you're coming home soon"

"me too. also i know we have Lily and she's a lot of work but i was thinking about it and i really want another baby"

"woah but she's not even 6 remember what we said"

"we made that deal a while ago. plus shes 5 that's enough"

"i'll think about it. i just really don't think we're ready for another kid right now"

"i guess not. but we should still consider it"

"and i will. what time will you be back at"

"umm about 3:30-4 a.m the day after tomorrow"

"okay well we're not waiting for you sorry."

"its okay i still get to be with my family for a while. anyways i have to go practice for tomorrow. remember i love you so much and please tell Lily that i feel bad"

"of course. well i'll talk to you tomorrow"

"perfect facetime me when she wakes up okay i want to sing happy birthday"

"okay bye now"

"bye" we hang  up and i go to find Lily
-
heyyoooo awful start but whatever

and i know no one asked me to make a sequel but i really wanted to

also i just finished my Ruel story so i decided to start this one