Chapter 13

She was panting heavily like a dog now and I was exhausted and my brain felt like mush. She got off of me finally letting my arms go. I got up and got redressed, I didn't like what I just did but I had to hold my end of the deal. Her wings extended and she looked at where the hole previously was. It was now healed since she had more than fed on me enough to heal. She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my waist, pressing herself against me, "Ready to return back to the camp?" I nodded slightly unable to muster words at the moment. She smiled wrapping her tail around me as she propelled herself into the air. She went super high into the air and just started gliding along, occasionally flapping her wings so we didn't go too low. I didn't feel like this was going to be the fastest way to get all the way across the country but she proved me wrong. Because when I fell asleep when we reached the clouds, when I woke up, we were above New York City. I didn't know how many hours had went by but it couldn't have been that many. I was only awake for a few minutes before she landed us outside the gates of Camp Morgul where the others were. They were waiting and talking to Mikey and Gerry like old friends. Amelia grabbed hold of my hand when we landed and tried to start walking towards the gate, but I stood my ground, "Let go of my hand."
       She looked a little confused but did as I asked, thankfully. We walked up to the others at the gate. Mikey looked a little shocked, "You made it back? I heard you were damned be down there eternally."
       I smiled a bit and shook my head, "No. I made out thanks to the help from her." I pointed to Amelia and Mikey looked confused, "A succubus helped you escape?"
       I couldn't blame him for being confused. Succubus were known around camp as being not very good at combat and killing campers in their slumber every once in a blue moon. I didn't know any of the campers that were killed by a succubus though. Anyways, Amelia nodded clearly pleased with herself, "Of course I did."
      I was hoping she wasn't going to be too arrogant and start bragging that she saved me as that would ruin my reputation. I was known around camp as that one guy who has helped save the world multiple times now. Mikey looked to the other guys, "They're saying you want them granted access into the camp?" They all turned to me and I nodded not really having a choice. Gerry pulled out his phone and started typing something, then he looked to Tommy, "They're all allowed in now but if they start any trouble, we won't hesitate to kick you out for good." Mikey opened the gates and the four idiots rushed inside. I walked in with Amelia with Gerry and Mikey following after they closed the gate behind us. Mikey walked alongside me, "Jennifer returned a couple days ago and was seriously upset when she found out you were taken. I recommend seeing her first."
       I looked to Amelia who was clearly not liking the idea of me meeting back up with Jennifer, "Do you know where she is?"
       He shook his head, "She goes into the forest alone daily. No one follows her when she does ever. Although Ben and Julia have been trying to make her feel better when they see her."
        This was bit depressing finding out that Jennifer was really upset about me going missing as I felt bad for not saying goodbye first. But that didn't matter, I was back now and here to stay. If the demons would show their faces again, I had a means of killing them. The four idiots walked over to the dining patio since it was morning now and everyone was eating breakfast. The director was giving his daily speech like usual. Being interrupted by Gerry just like when I first came to Camp. The director turned around not seeing me but the four of them, "Which moron let these psychos back into my camp!?" Gerry whispered something to the director who then looked up at me and went wide eyed, "Holy.... you made it back? How did you...? I only heard of what happened to you." He was obviously stunned that I had made it back and so were the other campers as they all stood up from their seats.
       Mikey had disappeared but I found out where he went seconds later when my squad showed up. Thickle spoke for all of them with a smile on his face, "Great to have our leader back finally."
        Ben walked forward and hugged me, Julia standing behind him, "How the hell did you escape? Every camper that has been down there before has never come back." I could hear his voice trembling like he was going to cry, which was a first as Ben wasn't a very emotionally expressive guy.
        Julia just smiled and waved, "It's a long story Ben."
     I looked around to see if I could find Jennifer amongst the campers but there was no sign of her. Ben drew back from the big wiping his eyes, "Sorry for getting emotional." He smiled weakly but stopped when he realized who I was looking for, "We haven't seen Jennifer from last night." Julia grabbed Ben's hand interlocking their fingers. Before I could go try to find her, I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. It was Jennifer, she had stopped in her tracks and had her hands over her mouth. She was trembling like an abused puppy, seriously about to burst into tears, "C-Crosby? Is t-that yo-you?"
      Holy crap. I'd never felt so emotionally overwhelmed in my life. I felt myself starting to cry as I had a giant grin on my face, happy to see her again. I felt overly happy but also stupidly sad for making her cry. I felt so deeply conflicted on which emotion I should be feeling at the moment. I nodded and she started waking towards me. I opened my arms for a hug. She ran into my arms and she bear hugged me tightly. She shoved her face into my shoulder, balling her eyes out, clearly happy. I rubbed her back gently, "I'm here to stay, I'm not leaving you again." She pulled her head off my shoulder and I wiped the tears off her face. She smiled blushing a bit, staring at me. I kissed her on the lips and she went super red but just embraced it. I felt Amelia staring at me, radiating jealously.
After a minute she drew back, "I missed you so much..." She had stopped crying a smile on her face. I felt whole again, being with the one girl I truly loved.