Chapter 8

Every few minutes she'd nervously look at the sword then me and put on a fake smile. She clearly wasn't comfortable with me having the weapon that murdered her mother. We had been walking for a while now and probably had cut the distance between us and the castle in half. Suddenly she stopped and crouched down, pulling me behind a nearby rock with her and pressing me and the sword tightly against her. She wrapped her wings around us, like she was trying to hide us. She wrapped her tail around my legs and covered my mouth with her hand. This was kind of sketch because I didn't know why she was doing this but the sword was glowing black again in it's sheathe due to me being so close to her. She was looking down at me as her wings were big enough to completely cover us both up. Suddenly I heard voices nearing, I recognized them all. They were all of my previous enemies. Being, Tommy, Kevin, Toby, and Hunter. I wanted to move but when I tried to she tightened her tail and she whisper yelled, "Stop moving Crosby!" I did as she said while the voices went by us and until we couldn't hear them anymore. She peeked her head out from under wings making sure the coast was clear. She ducked her head back down looking at me while I looked up at her she wasn't whispering anymore and she hadn't unraveled her tail around my legs. She looked at me up and down, then at my lips. I knew what she wanted and turned away. She really wanted a kiss out of me. But then I realized what happened last time and decided I'd better do what she wants because if I didn't, I'd most likely be left for dead. I leaned in for a kiss and she did too. But instead of kissing her on the lips like she was probably thinking I would, I just pecked her on the cheek. She unraveled her tail and wings when she leaned in so I just got up and she looked a little disappointed, "Only a kiss on the cheek after all that I've done for you?" She looked up at me with puppy eyes, clearly wanting the real deal out of me.
    I shook my head, "After you help me escape I'll give you what you want." She frowned a bit but got up too. After a few seconds she realized I wasn't joking and she sighed, "Fine. But I'll want something more than that when we reach the mortal world." She smiled weakly as I looked at her to ask what she meant. But before I could she grabbed my hand and began dragging me along with her. I wasn't starving or thirsty anymore strangely since I drank what she gave me. Whatever it was, it was magical to say the least. I was wondering about Tommy and the others, "Why are Tommy and the others out of the dungeon."
She stopped smiling and she chuckled nervously to herself, "I almost forgot about the bad news thanks to you." She sighed looking away from me, "Well since you asked, Hades isn't very happy that I helped you escape and because of me helping you, he sent them as a squad to find and kill us." herself, "Well, I nearly forgot to tell you... but.... Hades sent them to kill you but I can't let that happen for obvious reasons." That wasn't good news to hear right now. I had the god of the underworld wanting me dead and someone who had previously killed me to aid him. But I have improved since the last time I fought Kevin. He was powerful at the time due to all the souls he had fed off of, but I had confidence in my new sword since it was used to kill gods originally. But the sword doesn't make a great fighter, skill does. You could have the best weapon in the world but still have no skill or idea how to use it. Whatever I didn't have to worry about fighting them right now. The fact that they were after Amelia too was bad since that meant they wouldn't try to reason with her over with me. They'd just kill her on sight along with me. She looked up at me, "Don't worry about them babe. I'll take care of them when the time comes." She smiled at me while she made her empty promise.
      She wouldn't be able to kill a single one of them, "How do you plan to take care of them when the time does come?" 
       She got really close to me as we walked together, hands interlocked, "Well, I could use my ability to control them with my voice and make them hurt each other... if they're weak minded enough to be manipulated."
       I knew that succubi could use their voice to control others but I didn't know what the requirements were though until now. It was kind of sad that when she said that you had to be weak minded for it to work, that meant I was weak minded because it worked on me earlier without a hitch, "So you're saying I'm weak minded?"
      She went quiet as she realized that she was implying that, "I... um... no you're really not weak minded per say... just... your mind is insecure. You're very easy to target and manipulate." She had looked away from me when she said that, "Look Crosby. I'm sorry if you're offended by it but you should know that you are by now." I didn't care it's just I didn't like the fact that I was not strong off enough to fend off a mental attack. Suddenly she started waving her hand out front of my face. I must've been blanking out or something, "See? I just controlled you and you didn't even realize." She stared at me, "Crosby, there's no way to fix it unless you let a succubi claim you as there own. Then only they can mind control you and no one else in theory should be able to." I wasn't letting anybody claim me for obvious reasons but I knew that this was a vulnerability I'd have to be careful of. Whatever, we kept walking and she didn't saying anything else.