Tough decisions

Ian sat with Niana, holding her was his favourite part of the day, she looked so much like nina, her beautiful blue eyes and her perfect olive skin. it hurt him so much that he wasn't with Nina right now, but how could he get past what she and Paul did. he had spoke to Paul but no more than he really had to, this paternity test had to say she was his, or he didn't know what he was gona do. His phone buzzed in his pocket, it was Nina.
"Hey" he answered.
"Hey, how Niana?" She asked timidly.
"She is good, just woke up from a nap." he replied.
"Ok, well I just wondered what time we had to be at the clinic for the... well you know."
"We have to be there at 1 pm."
"Ok see ya there I guess." she said
"Ok, see ya." he hung up.
Why was talking to her so hard. she sounded so lost, and sad. but he just couldn't go back, what if it happened again? What if she and Paul started having feeling again, he just couldn't deal with it again. he sat Niana in her bouncy seat and just watched her. he prayed for the first time in a long time, and hoped that his prayers would be answered.

Paul stood in front of the clinic waiting for Nina and ian, this would be the first time they were all in the same room together since it all happened. I mean they saw each other on set all the time but this wasn't work. Paul hoped that Niana was his, he had always loved Nina but had been with tori, and Nina had been with ian, and he always thought that Nina never saw him that way, until that night at the hotel when she and Paul went for a tvd panel in Houston, tension ran high and you add a bit of alcohol to that mix and well you wind up laid. he knew that if Niana was Ian's he would never have Nina, cause her and Ian would surely work it out yet again.
Ian was the first to pull up, he got out of his car and went to the backseat and got his daughter out of her carseat. he walked over to where Paul was standing.
"Nina here yet?" He asked coldly.
"No, she isn't and she hasn't answered any of my texts to find out where she is." Paul answered.
"Well we can't go in without her, it wouldn't be right."
"Why they don't need her dna, just ours."
"I'm not going to do it before she comes, she will be here paul."

30 minutes prior at Ninas house.....

Nina was brushing her hair, when she heard the knock at her door.

"Who's there?" She asked through the door. No one answered so she opened it up, a masked figure pushed her into her into the floor, Nina tried to struggle but she felt something hit her head hard, she blacked out immediately.
When she came to, she was tied to a chair, she looked around trying to focus, she was in the living room of her house still. her attacker was sitting on her couch going through her phone.
"Oh your awake, the female voice said, she removed her mask revealing a dark haired woman, with brown eyes, she looked half crazed.
" What do you want from me." Nina asked.
"You hurt Ian and paul, you had a baby and don't know who the father is. your a selfish girl, who needs to be taught a lesson. I am in love with Ian, he deserves better than you, your a whore."
"Who are you?" Nina shouted.
" I am the girl who is going to save Ian from you."
"Ian doesn't need saving." Nina said
"Oh yes he does, he needs to be rid of you, and your daughter, she deserves a better mother than you will ever be."
"Don't you dare bring my daughter into this"
"Oh but you already have, you brought her into this world and you don't even know who her father is."
" Her father is Ian, I know he is."
"Listen here you mouthy little bitch, shut up or I will hurt you."
"You know Ian is expecting me at the clinic already if I don't show he will come here or send the cops."
"Naw I sent him a text telling him that you couldn't make it for the paternity test and that you would pick Niana up later, so he isn't expecting you for awhile,and by the time he is , you will be dead."
"How did you know about the paternity test?"
"Oh honey, I know everything about what's going on, I know that Ian moved out the day you got your daughter back, I know that your daughter was found on a doorstep of a foster home, because I put her there."
"Your the one who kidnapped my daughter???"
"Yep was all too easy getting in the house too, you guys don't lock the basement door."
"We will be now." was all Nina said.
"Well you wont, you will be dead, time to stop screwing around and get to it." she picked up the butcher knife she sat on the coffee table and put it in the middle of Ninas chest.
Nina let out a scream, the pain was so bad she thought she was going to pass out, but she stayed awake, the next jab went into her leg, she screamed again in pain. she kept stabbing her repeatedly in different places. Nina was sure she was going to die, she could only think about her daughter and Ian. she passed out from the pain. that was the last thing she remembered.

Ian and Paul were done the paternity test, so Ian decided that he would just take Niana home. he pulled into the driveway and noticed that the front door was open to the house, he called Paul to come over and sit with Niana while he called the police and waited to go in the house.

Paul and the police arrived at the same time, Paul took Niana while Ian rushed into the house, and what he saw will traumatize him forever, Nina was tied to a chair covered in blood with multiple stab wounds, barely breathing. paramedics worked to get her stabilized as they rushed her to the hospital. Paul took Niana to Ninas brother while he met Ian at the hospital.

Paul, Ian, Kat, Candice were all waiting while Nina was in surgery. the doctor came out finally.
"Mr Somerhalder?"
Ian jumped up and went over to the doctor.
"Ms Dobrevs injuries were quite massive from this attack, we have repaired all the damage but she is still in critical condition, there is still a chance she may not make it, the next 48 hours will be critical and will tell.
"Well thank you doc, when can we see her?" Ian asked.
"You can see her now, but your friends will have to wait, she needs her rest."
Ian looked back at his friends and the look in their eyes told him to go to her. including Paul.