Working it out

Nina woke up and looked at Ian still sleeping beside her, he must have gotten up through the night with Niana. She got up quietly and looked in on her still sleeping daughter. She went downstairs and called Kat.

"Hey you!" a cheery voice answered on the other line.

"Hey, you busy today? like right now?"

" Nope, why whats up?"

" could you take Niana for the night? I wanna do something special for Ian?"

"Sure, i am on my way, meet me outside so we dont wake him ." Kat laughed.

Nina pack up some things for Niana, and got her up fed her and prepared her for her visit with her aunt kat.

"Thanks so much Kat, i really appreciate it, things are rocky still, and i want to do something special for him." Nina said as she handed Niana off to Kat.

"He will forgive you nina, you just have to show him that its worth it, so go have fun, i dont want to hear from you tonight, and show that man how much you love him." she kissed ninas cheek then went off with Niana.

Ians POV

I woke up and stretched, saw that Nina was out of bed already. She must have niana downstairs he thought to himself. He got up and went downstairs.

i saw nina in the kitchen cooking, i also noticed that there were fresh flowers on the table, and all sorts of different types of food on the table.

"Good morning." I said startling her causing her to splash what i think was pancake mix all over her face.

" Well hello sleepyhead." she laughed at me.

i walked over to her and gently wiped the mix off her face.

"where is Niana?" i asked as i wiped the last of it off her face.

"She is having a sleepover with Aunt Kat." She told me.

" Oh how come?"

" Cause i have a special day planned for you and i... i thought we could use some time to ourselves." She said, waiting for my reaction.

"Oh, ok." I said as i sat down at the table.

"If you dont want to..." she trailed off.

" I didnt say that Nina, why do you have to automatically jump to conclusions." I snapped.

"sorry... I..." she didnt finish her sentence.. but went back to cooking pancakes.

I got up and walked behind her, put my arms around her.

"Im sorry Nina, it just took me by surprise, I see that your really trying to make and effort here, and i appreciate it, but how about we just stay in today, and watch movies and cuddle on the couch."

"After our appointment i guess we could." she reminded me that we had our first counselling session today.

"What time is that at?" i asked.

"1:30 so we have time to eat still."

we sat and ate our breakfast with a good flow of positive conversation. I loved watching her talk about things that make her happy. her whole face lights up and her eyes sparkle.

"You go shower, and change, i will clean up." i said to her.

"No no Mr. Somerhalder, this day is for you. i will clean up while you go shower and change." She said very sternly, so much infact that i had to laugh at the seriousness on her face and in her voice.