Final scene, new beginning

NINAS POV

I was sitting in makeup, getting ready to do my final TVD scene. I had been thinking that this was the right decision, so why was i second guessing myself now? I wanted to be a stay at home mom, and devote my time to my daughter, in light of all the things that had happened, but then i also wondered if i was hiding... and sheltering myself. letting the fear take over my life by quitting my job...

"Your ready to go." Mark said as he put the finishing touches of makeup on me, startling me out of my thoughts.

"Thanks Mark, its been a real pleasure having you as my makeup artist." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Its been my pleasure Nina, take care of yourself, Ian and that beautiful little girl." he said as i walked out to meet Ian at the stage for our scene.

No one was on the stage yet, not even the crew, i must be early i thought, as i sat down on the couch in the new Salvatore living room. I was really going to miss this, I had devoted five years of my life to this show, and i was about to walk away.

"Hey, you ok?" Ian was standing in front of me, and wiped away a tear that had rolled down my cheek.

"Ya, its just emotional is all, i mean this has been my life for five years." i mused.

"Babe, if your having second thoughts, we can talk to Julie and Kevin." He sat down beside me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"I just dont know Ian, i am wondering if i am just hiding, letting the fear take over that if i come to work everyday that something bad will happen to Niana."

" Well your fears are definitely validated, i mean we lost our daughter for a month, and you were attacked, we had a paternity test, and came face to face with the two people who did all this to us in a matter of a year and a half. its normal that you are scared to leave her, but maybe take a couple of months off to recuperate, and enjoy being a mom, and then come back if your ready, Kevin is making it so the door is always open for you."

" Sounds reasonable, Ian, this is why i love you... you support every decision, and are always there to brighten me up when i feel like i am in the dark, and lost. I cant wait to be your wife." I kissed him and just sat there, enjoying the feel of his arms.

"Ok we are going to set up now, places everyone!" the director and crew came out of nowhere, but i could tell by the facial expressions that they have heard most of mine and ians conversation.

TVD SCENE

Elenas POV

How am i going to leave damon? I wish i had never had Ric compell my memories away. but the night that we were at the border, i could feel them, see them, i knew for that brief moment that i loved him, but once i came back from the border, it was all gone instantly. I cant keep torturing him anymore, i am not going to love him the way that i used to, nor can i get any of that back. so its time to let him go. Sitting here in the new salvatore living room, was hard, knowing that when he came through that door, i was going to break his heart even more... would be become that monster, he used to be? the one who killed just because he could. or would he be happier without me? only time will tell. i heard the door, i held my breath, he was here.

"Hey, i got your text, whats up? Damon appeared in the door way of the living room.

"We need to talk Damon, its important." was all i could say.

he came and sat down beside me, and held my hand. i pulled away.

"Im leaving.... tonight."

" Where are you going?"