Chapter 22

"I know. Just go soobins going to die if you hesitate. I know my way around enough to stay out of trouble."  Beomgyu approached Taehyun and hugged him tightly.
Taehyun didn't like this at all, but knew he was right. He began. To fly but beomgyu stopped him one more time.
     "Wait...Taehyun..." Beomgyu pulled him in and placed a kiss to his lips, smiling and then running the other way, leaving Taehyun to fly up the shortcut to the surface. To the executioner's block.
       Soobin started crying the realization of the matter hitting him hard. He would die in the darkest, most awful place on Earth...without any of his friends...without a goodbye. It hurt.
      He closed his eyes in anticipation when the recital of his crib was finished being read, and the executioner  aimed the stake towards soobin. Taking a charge stance. Not the ksot attractive way to kill a vampire, but it was effective.
     Hueningkai spotted soobin on the block and started racing with yeonjun towards him. No no no stop.
     He stopped when the hand he was holding stopped and yanked him back. Yeonjun had been stopped.
     "You, don't i know you?you're one of the criminals!" A guard had grabbed yeonjun. Dammit they weren't going to make it if they didn't get away.
     Hueningkai was only a few feet away, just a dash and he could save soobin. He tip toes to see, they were counting down.
      Soobin knew it was coming, it would be fast. The smell of blood from the castle walls, the dust, the roaring voices counting down the seconds to his death....and a faint smell of heaven, a familiar smell. He was so close to death he was smelling his friends...it was awful.
      Taehyun flew fast from the ground. He heard the voices at 'two' damnit his plan was perfect! Why had they taken soobin to the block so early!!! No!!! He was going to finally live happily with his friends alongside the humans.
I'll never get to drink hot chocolate and see everyone happily ice skate again...Taehyun kept flying even as he heard 'one' be shouted upon arrival. One second too late. He fell to his knees in the crowd. Then he heard the whole crowd gasping and screaming.

      Hueningkai couldn't let soobin die. The voices began to say 'one' and he let go.
     Yeonjun screamed when he felt the human let go of his hand, the guard held him back and tried to notify elder gu of his arrival.

        "HUENINGKAI"

               Soobin awaited the piercing stab to the heart, but instead of his eyes to the sound of wood snapping. His heart shattered in a whole new way, the stake would've felt better.
        Taehyun only caught a glimpse of what happened on stage before bombs started going off, and the ground began caving in.
     The croud screamed and tried to run to the other side of the courtyard, only one side of the castle was crumbling.
      Chaeryoung hoped she interrupted the execution in time as she ran to the courtyard to see. They couldn't kill such an innocent vampire for simply wanting to live with humans.
     She was so relieved to see Soobin alive, but had to quickly evacuate to the other side of the castle to avoid her own bombs.
     Taehyun saw yeonjun struggling against a guard and grabbed a plate from the table, bashing over the guards head. Yeonjuns thanks were short-lived as the two raced to the stage.
    "HUENINGKAI!!!!NO LET ME GO!!" Soobin's voice cracked as he hugged the statue in front of him. The wood had cracked on its back on impact.
        "SOOBIN WE HAVE TO GO THE GROUND WILL FALL IN RIGHT HERE!!" Taehyun tried to pull the boy from the statue.
     "NO I CANT L-eaVE HIM." Soobin choked on his tears as he tried to hold on to Hueningkai. The boys collected effort managed to rip him away as they ran to the gate, jumping for it.
       Yeonjun, taehyun, and Soobin watched as the castle wall crumbled into the courtyard, leaving only half the castle walls standing. The bombs had to have been placed in the cell block- was it Chaeryoung? Soobin couldn't even think about that when he saw Hueningkai turn to stone defending him from a stake.
      Soobin held yeonjun to the ground and thrashed him around. "YOU BROUGHT HIM HERE!!!!!YOU LET GO OF HIS HAND!!!!" Taehyun tried desperately to break the two apart from eachother.
       "STOP!" a womans voice called out from the dust cloud. She ran with a statue walking behind her?
     The boys were both terrified and stunned at the girls magic.
   "Soobin I think i can help your friend but we have to leave before elder gu comes from the rubble." Soobin tried to process her words while watching the statue of Hueningkai moving.
     "W-what the hell are you?" Yeonjun feared the woman, how was she doing this?"
      "I'll explain when we get to safety, but soobin didn't you say you had four friends?"