Chapter 23- Mirror Mirror

"You're back"

"Yes, I'm back." 

You both had a brief moment of peace and silence, hugging each other. 

"Weiss! And...(Y/N)! You're alive!" You heard Yang shout from a distance, you turn around to greet her. 

"Why yes I am a-" All you saw was a flash of fire and a fist to the face, launching you across the grounds. "I...deserve that." You say, laying on the ground. 

"Yes you do, anywho, have you guys seen Ruby?" Yang asks Weiss. 

"No I haven't." 

"What about Blake?" 

"She went to fight an alpha, and some members of the white fang." Weiss says, pointing to her right. 

"You guys look for Ruby, I'll find Blake." Yang says before taking off. 

You slowly get up, looking down you see a crater that resembles your body. "God damn she can throw a punch." You jokingly say. You look around to see various students; some you recognize and some you don't all gathered at the entrance to Beacon, in some way, you did complete your mission of setting up an FOB for the lancers. With the students that weren't injured, you organized them into small groups to stay on the look out for any grimm or Atlas robots, with the injured staying near the fountain. While you were doing this, a significant number of markers popped up on your HUD, they were all blue. 

"Looks like the cavalry is here."

A platoon of lancers, students and teachers alongside them, finally arrived at your position. The Warrant officer commanding the platoon came up to me. Even in the suit, they were still significantly shorter than you. "Sir, Warrant Officer Apheli, whats the situation?" They ask

"FOB is currently secure, we've got some injured near the fountain, and that massive grimm hovering near the top of the tower, it also appears to be dropping grimm. We'll use this area as a evacuation." 

"Roger that, I'll radio to the Cella and ask for evac ships to arrive here. We started working with Atlas and secured a safe zone in Vale. We also rescued some students and teachers. We have been working alongside the teachers to ensure the safety of the students." The Warrant officer explains. You nod. "Excellent, inform the teachers as well, also if they teachers give any orders, tell your troops to follow them." 

"Yes sir!" They yell, before running off. You hear Weiss shout your name, you turn around and see two medic lancers, carrying Yang and Blake. Something was off though. You rushed over to check on your friends. "Its not good sir." One of the medics say. "She would've died if we hadn't arrived. They both will be fine, we patched them up good." You thank them and let the carry on helping other students. Ren and Nora both made their way over to us as well, leaning on one another, with some help from a blond monkey faunus. 

"Weiss!" You heard a familiar voice yell from afar. "And (Y/N) OH MY GOD YOUR ALIVE!" Ruby ran up to you both and she grabbed Weiss' hands. 

"Ruby! Where hav-" Weiss says before Ruby cuts her off. 

"Don't worry I'm fine. Whats going on?" Weiss face turned sad, she stepped to the side. Rubys eyes fell down to stare at her sister, who is now missing an arm, and an injured Blake beside her, holding Yangs hand. Ruby tried to reach out to her sister, but she stopped herself. The only words she could muster was "Yang..."  

The blond monkey faunus approached Ruby, telling her that her sister will be alright, and that the soldiers have a ship ready to take them all to Vale. 

"But Jaune and Pryyha are still missing." Nora said, before grunting and pain and falling back to the ground. 

"Look guys, that giant grimm is still circling the school, even the white fang are pulling out." The monkey faunus said. "We all have to go! Now!"