Chapter 14: Graduation

*One Month Later*

"Tahani Perez" They called my name, I froze for a second then managed to pull my feet from their stuck grip on the ground.

All eyes were on me I looked at my family who was cheering the loudest. I smiled then continued walking to my seat.

I took my seat and took a needed deep breath. I smiled hard, finally I would be going to my dream school, but I wouldn't be there with Michael.

I still have a whole week until I bored my plane. Maybe Michael will have been talking to me by that time. Hopefully.

I mean we're out of school, we graduated and the pressure is off of us for now until we go to college...if we go to college.

I don't want my babies to grow up without a father. I basically know what it feels like already. I know how it feels to feel a bit neglected, I always thought my dad was the bad guy. 'Why would he do something so stupid? Did we ever even pop up in his mind?' I used to think, but I had to realize that shit happens. And I won't always have control over everything.

I was pulled from my thoughts when they called Michael's name. I didn't care how much he hated me or didn't want to talk I was still gonna cheer for him. When he got on the stage he looked out into the crowd.

We made eye contact, which felt like forever. He smiled which made me smile back. Then he walked off the stage and sat back in his seat.

After calling a few more people the called my name. A rushing jolt of excitement and fear ran through my blood.

As I approached the stage my excitement grew stronger taking dominance over my fear. I shook everyone's hand and grabbed my diploma. I exited the stage making it back to my seat.

After what seemed like an eternity the ceremony was finally over. I gave a bone crushing hug to all of my classmates. It would be the last time I would see them. Most of them were actually really sweet.

Untill I felt someone hug me from behind. I turned around hoping that it would be Michael, but his fragrance didn't match. It was Jermaine.

"Oh uh hi Jermaine" I let go of him, but he still kept holding onto me.

I unwrapped his arms from around me and nervously chuckled. "Congratulations I'm so happy for you!" He kissed my cheek.

I chuckled and stepped back a little. "Thanks tell Michael I said congratulations"

"Will do so-" I cut him off feeling that same uncomfortable feeling I felt last time.

"I'd love to stay, but my dad is waiting outside for me and I really have to go home and pack for my flight" I told him speed walking off.

When I got to the parking lot my dad was no where to be found. But faith was in the car so I got in.

My dad finally got back to the car and started driving home. When we walked through the door all I heard was "Congratulations!" Everyone clapped and cheered and gave me hugs.

I looked in the corner of the room and seen the person I wanted to hug the most...

Michael....

But he kinda just stayed glued to the wall. We made eye contact again, but it was interrupted by Elena stepping in front of me.

I pulled her to the side glaring at her. "Get the hell out of my house, or get stabbed in the face"

She smirked and walked off back into the party. I clenched my fist together and sighed. I hate people so much.

"Don't mind her, she's just being a dick head" I finally heard his sweet voice.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around him. "Michael!" It was almost like a treat, letting his name roll of my tongue like that.

He hugged me back and chuckled. "How come you stopped talking to me?" I asked pulling back from our long waited hug.

He looked down as if he were hiding something from me. "I don't know I'm just in a dark place right now" it sounded like the truth...half of the truth.

I grabbed his chin and lifted his head up for him to look me in the eyes. "Is that all?" I asked with understanding eyes.

"Yeah, that's the truth" he chuckled again. I could tell he was hiding something, but I wasn't gonna pressure him into telling me anything.

"Okay" I nodded letting his chin go. It was silent for a moment until he broke the silence with an unexpected statement.

"Please stay here...with me. Don't leave" he begged me grabbing a tight hold of my hand.

"I have to go Michael. I can't delay my dreams for anyone" I shook my head.

"Well I'm not just anybody, Tahani. I'm your boyfriend, I'm the father of our babies so I'm not just anybody. Please don't leave me" he begged once more.

"Michael I can't" I looked away from him with watery eyes. "I'll come back to visit all the time"

"Nevermind. I shouldn't have bothered coming here anyway. Thanks for wasting my time" he snatched his hand from mine and rushed to the front door.

I rushed after him calling his name repeatedly as a few tears rolled down my cheek.

"Why can't you come with me?! Don't leave me like this Michael!"

"If I left there would be too many consequences. I can't leave" I seen a tear roll down his cheek which crushed me inside.

"And I can't stay" I whimpered. He got in his car and zoomed off leaving a smokey trail behind.

Was I being selfish? Should I just stay? All of these thoughts ran through my mind.

I sighed and sat down on the porch. What have I done? I placed a hand on my stomach and wiped the tears from my eyes away.

To be continued......

Who do you guys think is being selfish? I mean ian gon point no fingers, but....👽🖖🏽